PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
New to me - '03 Marauder - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: New to me - '03 Marauder (/Thread-New-to-me-03-Marauder)

Pages: 1 2

New to me - '03 Marauder - pphillips - 01-17-2018 08:48 PM

Hey there!

Hailing from Ft. Worth, TX.

Just purchased a black '03 Marauder with 57K original miles - build #5922. Flew to Baltimore and drove her home with nary a hiccup.

Been searching for quite awhile to purchase and have already perused the many upgrades/enhancements available for this car - am anxious to get started!

Any fellow Texans, please contact me to meet for a beer or a sandwich at Ricky's - my treat!

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all,

Preston

PS: What is the best, most valuable or satisfying addition/modification you made for your new purchase?

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - msena - 01-17-2018 10:11 PM

Welcome to the forum. I was going to vote suspension, but decided to go with Misc., hard to beat a bit shorter rear gear for a nice kick in the pants.

New to me - '03 Marauder - BlackVic_P71 - 01-17-2018 10:55 PM

Welcome.
You've got a 3.55 rear, a tune would be great if the car doesn't already have one.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - pphillips - 01-18-2018 12:56 AM

(01-17-2018 10:55 PM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

Welcome.
You've got a 3.55 rear, a tune would be great if the car doesn't already have one.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?

Thanks, BlackVic!

I was shocked when I drove it the first time - FAR MUCH louder than my '98 Mark VIII, my daily driver since '99. It has a K&N air system that really cranks up the volume when punched. Don't think I want to go for any more volume, though. It may have a chip but I don't know where to find it.

To tell the truth, it has a 'raspy gurgle' between 30-40 mph which I really like and is perfect in-town. On the road, it's as quiet as my Mark.

How can I tell if 3.55 rear is stock and where to find specs for upgrade?

New to me - '03 Marauder - tobiasg1995 - 01-18-2018 07:20 AM

3.55 is stock for marauders. Most people go with 4.10 gears and a tune from Mos speed shop. Do you know any of the history on the car?

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - BlackVic_P71 - 01-18-2018 10:31 AM

If you have an actual chip(possible up to 2004), it will be in the back of the computer.
The computer is in the firewall above the drivers left knee.
This is a chip used by Kenny Brown for their cars.
[attachment=2973]
If you look up above the brake, you should see it and if there is a chip, it will be sticking out the rear of the computer.
Most "chipped" computers are simply tuned by an OBDII tuner that you should have been given with the car if it was tuned.

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - BlackVic_P71 - 01-18-2018 10:34 AM

I didn't see the poll until now on the computer.
One of my first mods is usually to add a stereo, just better sound.

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - a_d_a_m - 01-19-2018 04:56 PM

Fellow '03 Marauder owner here. If I had to rank the mods I currently have, they'd go as follows:
J-mod, RideTech front coilovers, Heinous arms, Addco sway bars, SCT tune, rear cat delete, K&N intake, Steeda underdrives.

Somewhere in my house I have a Dennis Reinhart tuning chip that my car originally had. Dennis was one of the guys who specialized in these cars back in the day, but fell out of favor with the Marauder folks for a litany of reasons. Anyway, I removed the chip because I wanted a different transmission shift schedule. It's been in a desk drawer for 8 years. If you want it, I'll let it go cheap.

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - Pecos Slick - 01-25-2018 09:18 AM

Welcome to the forum pp from Cowtown.

RE: New to me - '03 Marauder - fairlane - 01-25-2018 08:43 PM

welcome