PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat (/Thread-Hello-from-Phoenix-It-s-a-Dry-Heat)

Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - arizonajack - 09-25-2017 10:09 PM

Last Friday I bought a 2011 Crown Victoria LX with 88,000 miles on it. That doesn't seem like a big deal but, like in the movies, I tell you the now and then give you flashbacks.

I've been an "old car" nut as far back as I can remember. Now I'm an old "car nut."

I became enamored of police cars during the 1980s after the Blues Brothers movie came out. In the mid 80s I bought a retired Arizona DPS cruiser (1981 Gran Fury). Had it for several years. Unfortunately, quality was still lacking after the debacle of 1979 and I donated it to charity after the tranny went out for the second time.

Flash forward to the 21st century and I renewed my interest and bought a white 1989 Crown Vic police car (roof lights, rear cage, push bars). That car went to car shows. I also bought a red 1988 consumer Crown Vic for regular driving.

Kept those for several years and found myself getting interested in the later models for more modern equipment and comfort so I sold them and, in late 2012, I bought a 2008 P71 that was formerly a CHP car (came with some documentation). Someone had sprayed over the white parts but I could still see the wording through the spray paint so I had the car painted black. I've driven that for almost 5 years now. It's been very dependable but when it turned 170,000 miles I decided I wanted something with lower mileage and cruise control.

I spent the last several months looking for a lower mileage P71. Amazingly, there are a bunch of them here with 100,000 miles or less for reasonable prices but, alas, there was always something not quite right about the car or the deal.

Last week the 2011 LX came up. It had what I wanted plus a few extras. I'm retired so I won't be racking up the miles so it should last me a good long time.

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - Jocko10 - 09-25-2017 10:34 PM

(09-25-2017 10:09 PM)arizonajack Wrote:

Last Friday I bought a 2011 Crown Victoria LX with 88,000 miles on it. That doesn't seem like a big deal but, like in the movies, I tell you the now and then give you flashbacks.

I've been an "old car" nut as far back as I can remember. Now I'm an old "car nut."

I became enamored of police cars during the 1980s after the Blues Brothers movie came out. In the mid 80s I bought a retired Arizona DPS cruiser (1981 Gran Fury). Had it for several years. Unfortunately, quality was still lacking after the debacle of 1979 and I donated it to charity after the tranny went out for the second time.

Flash forward to the 21st century and I renewed my interest and bought a white 1989 Crown Vic police car (roof lights, rear cage, push bars). That car went to car shows. I also bought a red 1988 consumer Crown Vic for regular driving.

Kept those for several years and found myself getting interested in the later models for more modern equipment and comfort so I sold them and, in late 2012, I bought a 2008 P71 that was formerly a CHP car (came with some documentation). Someone had sprayed over the white parts but I could still see the wording through the spray paint so I had the car painted black. I've driven that for almost 5 years now. It's been very dependable but when it turned 170,000 miles I decided I wanted something with lower mileage and cruise control.

I spent the last several months looking for a lower mileage P71. Amazingly, there are a bunch of them here with 100,000 miles or less for reasonable prices but, alas, there was always something not quite right about the care or the deal.

Last week the 2011 LX came up. It had what I wanted plus a few extras. I'm retired so I won't be racking up the miles so it should last me a good long time.

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - Jocko10 - 09-25-2017 10:38 PM

Congrats on the retirement! I am as well, and really enjoy the old school cars. Hope to have mine for the next 20 years!

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - msena - 09-26-2017 12:59 AM

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you found a good, low mileage, car, should last you a good, long time.

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - Westbrook - 09-26-2017 01:44 AM

Welcome, post some pictures when you have the chance!

Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - tobiasg1995 - 09-26-2017 05:29 AM

Welcome from Ohio

It is what it is

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - BlackVic_P71 - 09-26-2017 07:06 AM

Welcome

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?

RE: Hello from Phoenix - It's a Dry Heat - fairlane - 09-28-2017 01:16 PM

Welcome