PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
Hello from my family to yours! - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: Hello from my family to yours! (/Thread-Hello-from-my-family-to-yours)

Hello from my family to yours! - nvmy04gm - 08-02-2017 08:36 PM

Hello, my name is Mike from Peoria, AZ. I am new to this board and new with owning a Grand Marquis. In fact, I have only put 40 miles on my car since I inherited it 15 months ago. While I was driving the car in my neighborhood, I rear ended a car and damaged the front bumper cover. Since it needs to be repaired, will a MM front bumper cover, and headlights a direct replacement on my GM? Its a 2004 GM with 65k miles, brownish paint, and tan leather interior. It runs perfect. I'm trying to learn how to post it here. I will wait until the new bumper cover is installed

Its not my daily driver, Its not fast, and my kids are fighting about who is NOT getting it when I pass away. Haha. But, I am keeping it forever. I'm hoping to do some upgrades on the car and pique some interest from the kids and open their eyes to something different. It would make a good father, sons project and see what I see.

I'm a newbie to this site and I'm sure there are hundreds of links on this site that can answer my questions that I'm about to ask. Since the size of this website is overwhelming with knowledge, I'm hoping some members can refer me to certain posts so navigating through this beast of a site that's a wealth of knowledge wont take forever.

Its been a real pleasure to post a thread here and I'm looking forward to read your past threads. Mike

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - donzelwshngton - 08-02-2017 08:50 PM

Hi Mike, thanks for joining and welcome to the site. I don't know of anyone here who's swapped the bumper from an MM to a GM but it may be that if you got the MM's header panel, grille and maybe lights you could be in business.

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - msena - 08-02-2017 09:54 PM

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a nice project you picked up there, hopefully you can get the boys into it with you.

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - BluBusa66 - 08-03-2017 09:16 AM

Welcome! I like your ideas for your project, I hope they turn out well!

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - Westbrook - 08-03-2017 10:46 AM

Welcome, let us know how that project comes along. Others would love to know how it goes so they can do it too if they want.

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - Biblethumpncop - 08-03-2017 12:17 PM

Welcome neighbor! I'm new as well, and live in Surprise.

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - BlackVic_P71 - 08-03-2017 05:01 PM

Welcome.
(08-02-2017 08:36 PM)nvmy04gm Wrote:

Since it needs to be repaired, will a MM front bumper cover, and headlights a direct replacement on my GM? Its a 2004 GM with 65k miles, brownish paint, and tan leather interior. It runs perfect. I'm trying to learn how to post it here. I will wait until the new bumper cover is installed
Direct swap, same front end(2003-2005) aside from bumper cover, MM had the body colored grille and darkened headlights and corners.

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - fairlane - 08-03-2017 08:16 PM

Welcome, These Cars have ways on growing on people.lol

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - nvmy04gm - 08-03-2017 08:52 PM

(08-02-2017 08:50 PM)donzelwshngton Wrote:

Hi Mike, thanks for joining and welcome to the site. I don't know of anyone here who's swapped the bumper from an MM to a GM but it may be that if you got the MM's header panel, grille and maybe lights you could be in business.

Green Tree Air Freshener. HAHA,

RE: Hello from my family to yours! - nvmy04gm - 08-03-2017 08:56 PM

(08-03-2017 12:17 PM)Biblethumpncop Wrote:

Welcome neighbor! I'm new as well, and live in Surprise.

Small World! You are right down the street from me.