PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
New in Indiana - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: New in Indiana (/Thread-New-in-Indiana)

New in Indiana - cjkirby55 - 07-07-2017 10:03 PM

[attachment=2731]I'm not new to forums but I am new to a Crown Vic. I hadn't really planned on buying one but I've promised my son if he graduates high school on time he gets my 2007 Jeep Wrangler. His report car at the end of this school year was less than stellar so since the Jeep is carrot we needed a ride to serve as the stick. Enter a 1998 Crown Vic. We initially went to look at a Rally Edition Mitsubishi Lancer but it was trashed. The Ford on the other hand is rust free, super clean inside and out, everything works as it should and it drives great. It has 148k miles and is even running a fairly new set of Goodyear tires. I picked it up for $2300 and really I won't be too upset if it becomes my ride in a year. It really is a nice car.
Oh yeah, the other rides are an 05 Trailblazer, a 1988 Suburban, the Jeep and my pride and joy, a 1977 Corvette. Really not a Ford guy but the condition and price convinced me the Crown Vic was the right choice.

RE: New in Indiana - Westbrook - 07-07-2017 11:51 PM

Welcome, nice color!

RE: New in Indiana - msena - 07-07-2017 11:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. Very clean looking Vic, especially for a nearly 20-year old car with almost 150k miles! Must have been well cared for by the previous owner(s).

RE: New in Indiana - tobiasg1995 - 07-08-2017 06:35 AM

Welcome from ohio

It is what it is

RE: New in Indiana - BlackVic_P71 - 07-08-2017 10:36 AM

Welcome

RE: New in Indiana - cjkirby55 - 07-08-2017 06:54 PM

Thanks everyone. I think I like it more than my son. I see it for what it is, a well made, well maintained car. He just sees it as not the Jeep. It has an oil change sticker from Court Street Ford on the windshield and some original documents are from the same dealership so I believe it's now a two owner car. It even had the original radio.

RE: New in Indiana - fairlane - 07-08-2017 08:01 PM

Welcome. Good looking Ride.

RE: New in Indiana - Jocko10 - 07-08-2017 10:29 PM

Greetings from Indy, fellow Hoosier. Nice score. Big, heavy and safe is what these cars are about. Get your son interested in $modding$ the Vic. Lots of fun stuff can be done to these......

RE: New in Indiana - cjkirby55 - 07-09-2017 02:09 AM

He's in it for the summer, I may be driving it once he gets his grades up. I'm thinking tinted windows, a cop car grill since the chrome is pealing on the original and a nice sounding dual exhaust. It is a nice clean car and with a few upgrades will fit right in with the lifted Jeep, 383 stroker Corvette and the soon to be LS powered Suburban. It's a nice ride that I don't mind driving.

RE: New in Indiana - BigVin - 07-15-2017 09:45 PM

Welcome aboard!