PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
newb in Huntsville, AL - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: newb in Huntsville, AL (/Thread-newb-in-Huntsville-AL)

Pages: 1 2

newb in Huntsville, AL - Beluga - 06-15-2017 08:17 PM

Hi All -

I am new to the Panther platform. Have had a couple of Fords before, but that was many years ago. Attached is a pic of my new pride and joy, a 2004 P71. I was fortunate to find this car for sale with 2,924 original miles. No, that is not a typo. It was owned by the Virginia State Police, but as a range instructor's car, it was never really used. So it's pretty much a 13-year-old "new" car. It won't continue to stay parked though, as I'm now using it as my daily driver.

I don't have much planned for modifications yet, just focusing on learning about these cars. About the only thing I'd like to do at the moment is to put on some aftermarket mufflers to give it a little bit of an exhaust note. Nothing too raucous though. I was thinking about some Flowmaster Super 50's.

Bruce

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - pushrods - 06-15-2017 08:58 PM

Let me be the first to say..... jealous at that milage.. welcome. I'm new to p71's myself.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - msena - 06-15-2017 09:24 PM

Welcome aboard, great ride you scored there.

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - Westbrook - 06-15-2017 11:04 PM

Welcome, I think we have a new record on this forum for lowest original mileage!

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - Merc2008 - 06-16-2017 12:52 AM

That's a great score. Congrats!
Hello from Birmingham Al

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - tobiasg1995 - 06-16-2017 06:21 AM

Welcome from Ohio. Nice score. Msena has had the title for awhile, not now. You good sir have taken the belt.

Bacon cures everything [PIG FACE]

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - Beluga - 06-16-2017 12:03 PM

Thanks guys for the welcome. Yeah I figured I wouldn't see a car like this again anytime soon, so I had to jump on it. I've put a few hundred miles on, and so far I really love it. It's not a luxury car, but it seems like a P71 is somehow more than just the sum of its parts.

BTW tobiasg1995, I bought the car up in your neck of the woods -- Groveport, OH (Columbus suburb).

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - donzelwshngton - 06-16-2017 12:33 PM

Wow that's about as clean as it gets, welcome!!

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - tobiasg1995 - 06-16-2017 01:17 PM

(06-16-2017 12:03 PM)Beluga Wrote:

Thanks guys for the welcome. Yeah I figured I wouldn't see a car like this again anytime soon, so I had to jump on it. I've put a few hundred miles on, and so far I really love it. It's not a luxury car, but it seems like a P71 is somehow more than just the sum of its parts.

BTW tobiasg1995, I bought the car up in your neck of the woods -- Groveport, OH (Columbus suburb).
If i may ask how did you find this unicorn?

RE: newb in Huntsville, AL - Beluga - 06-16-2017 02:14 PM

(06-16-2017 01:17 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

If i may ask how did you find this unicorn?

The short answer is eBay. But to give you a little more background, there's a guy who's a retired police chief, formerly of Groveport, who now lives in Dayton. He's a car guy and a lifelong admirer of police cars. In fact he told me that was what originally inspired him to become a cop, was the idea of driving those cool cars.

Since retiring, he deals in ex-police cars and also still works part time in some sort of consulting role for the police force. He has some really cool cars in his personal collection, including a 1970 Ford Custom 500, a '91 CVPI, and a '72 Custom 500 that he's still in the process of restoring. It's an ex-South Carolina state trooper car.

He picks up the cars at auction but is particular about what he buys to resell. He said this was the lowest-mileage car he has found, not surprisingly.

Anyway, he seems like a great guy, very genuine and personable. Not what I generally think of when I think of a used car dealer. His business is called American Pursuit & Performance. The shop and office are still in Groveport, although as I said, he's moved to Dayton.