PantherBB.com Forum -  P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder
HEY.... I'm New! - Printable Version

+- PantherBB.com Forum - P71, Crown Victoria, Town Car, Grand Marquis, Marauder (http://www.pantherbb.com)
+-- Forum: New Member Introductions (/Forum-New-Member-Introductions)
+--- Forum: New Member Pit Stop (/Forum-New-Member-Pit-Stop)
+--- Thread: HEY.... I'm New! (/Thread-HEY-I-m-New)

Pages: 1 2

HEY.... I'm New! - anm8ed - 03-22-2017 12:39 PM

I posted this in my garage area, but figured this would probably be better.

I just came into a 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS that is Toredor Red.

It is not how I pictured starting out with a project car, but it's certainly going to give me stuff to do. I like the Crown Vic better as it's a little sportier looking. But I guess it's where i end up that counts. There are many things I am curious about with this car, but I will start with the basics. I need window tint (it's hot in Texas), It's pretty high and floaty, I would like it a little lower and stiffer i think. It's only a GS so it has cloth seats (i get shocked when i get out most of the time). I would like to find some leather seats, or maybe some decent seat covers. It has the bucket/bench seats though it looks like it might be hard to find seat covers that actually fit. Are the seats hard to replace if I found actual buckets? So many things... I need to make a list and pace myself... this could get expensive.

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - Westbrook - 03-22-2017 01:09 PM

Welcome! Seat removal isn't hard at all, and depending on whether you have manual or power seats, they're practically plug and play.

HEY.... I'm New! - BlackVic_P71 - 03-22-2017 05:36 PM

Welcome! I know Katzkin used to make seat covers front and rear for the split bench like you have, I have seen them on ebay but haven't looked recently. A happy medium with suspension seems to be stock civilian springs and police shocks, this won't drop the car but can get you a little more firm ride.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - tobiasg1995 - 03-22-2017 06:24 PM

Welcome, as far as tint I highly recommend ceramic tint, acts like low e glass, blocks the heat. Little more pricy, I had my 06 done and I'll never go back to regular tint. $300-$400 price range.

There is no off position on my genius switch.

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - msena - 03-22-2017 10:30 PM

HEY... Welcome aboard!

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - BigVin - 03-23-2017 04:55 AM

Welcome to the forum.

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - anm8ed - 03-23-2017 11:13 AM

Being a nood... what are police shocks and where does one find them?

(03-22-2017 05:36 PM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

Welcome! I know Katzkin used to make seat covers front and rear for the split bench like you have, I have seen them on ebay but haven't looked recently. A happy medium with suspension seems to be stock civilian springs and police shocks, this won't drop the car but can get you a little more firm ride.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - anm8ed - 03-23-2017 11:16 AM

Drivers seat is power, passenger is not. How impossible is it to make the passenger seat power as well? I need to replace the door panels on front anyway. The faux wood trim was broken by an over zealous father in law trying to fix something without seeing how first. They had packing tape holding it, but i have fixed that part with a little gorilla glue. Not perfect, but not tape everywhere. Only bad if you look!

(03-22-2017 01:09 PM)Westbrook Wrote:

Welcome! Seat removal isn't hard at all, and depending on whether you have manual or power seats, they're practically plug and play.

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - BlackVic_P71 - 03-23-2017 12:36 PM

When shopping for shocks, there will be 'police/heavy duty" and "not police/heavy duty", all the heavy duty ones is what you want.

RE: HEY.... I'm New! - fairlane - 03-23-2017 08:32 PM

welcome