Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
witch cop car should i buy?
12-09-2017, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 08:44 PM by Kearney36950.)
RE: witch cop car should i buy?
I skimmed all of your post and i took them all under heavy consideration. And a lot of you guys raise a lot of concerns. First is first charger is out! i'm not feeling it. OK so i was waiting for some snow to get a better feel for the VIC. And to be honest i don't know what it is but The vic wont drive for shit in the snow. I can't make it up any hill, and my city has a lot of hills....I don't know i had 8 cinder blocks in the trunk , it helped but not enough. And i don't think snow tires will make it that much better. But i have a lot to think about when it come to snow and the vic.

But to talk about the Taurus i saw some ranging from 11 to 6k and from 76k to 101k miles. I didn't know this car come in turbo. Thanks a a lot for pointing that out i'd rather not deal with turbo's. But alot of these listings that i'm look at does not say what trim level they are just AWD and based on one site there are 2 trim levels that are AWD and no turbo's. I just need to figure out how to find out if those have turbo's with out going to see in person and i don't think the dealers selling them know if they are. There all Police interceptors. And i can't tell if they are eco boost. Or are all Taurus eco boost they don't list a lot of information.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 01:11 AM
These are the powertrains available on the Taurus Interceptor: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 FFV Standard on FWD
3.7L Ti-VCT V6 FFV Standard on AWD
3.5L EcoBoost V6 Available on AWD
2.0 L EcoBoost I4 Available on FWD
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes msena's post
12-10-2017, 09:38 AM
oo ok thanks i could not find a definitive site to get information on. And from what i could gather the standard TPI come in a naturally aspirated 3.5L.... IDK maybe if i do get another vic it's just i will need chains and bad ass snow tires cause insurance for a TPI i was looking at last night was running me about 250ish a month +158 month for car payments. it's fucking expensive.
12-10-2017, 11:36 AM
The 3.5 is turbocharged, but the 3.7 is naturally aspirated. There is no N/A 3.5
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
12-11-2017, 06:14 AM
The list of engines I posted came right off of the Ford Fleet Police page and the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 FFV engine is normally aspirated. Based on the information from the Ford Fleet site, all of the Ford FFV (flex fuel) engines are normally aspirated. The 3.5L EcoBoost is the turbocharged 3.5L engine (twin turbo.)
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
12-11-2017, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 04:49 PM by FranktheVic.)
Yup. Chicago Motors has a whole mess of the N/A 3.5 Tauri. The 3.7 and EB3.5 come AWD, the N/A 3.5 can be had FWD. To be honest, of the newer pursuit vehicles, I'd probably go with a Caprice 9C2 detective unit if you could find one or a decent mileage 9C1 (I /know/ *GASP* a FORD guy wants a Chevy). Comparable miles between a Taurus and Caprice will net you a Caprice at slightly less money with their 3.6 V6 in a Vic sized vehicle, making better hp and mpgs. Go about 10k higher in miles and you can get the 6.0L V8 that will run as long as the 4.6s do, but mated to the better trans and getting better mpgs.

Here you can see what I mean on Chicago's site. They don't have any 9C2s currently, they're super rare and you pay a decent amount extra for them.

EDIT: I think you'll be very surprised at what a change of tires will do for the driving dynamics of your Vic though. Having gone through many a set of tires on my truck and other vehicles, I can tell real quick now. Frank's RSAs will be swapped as soon as I can get around to it for a set of all-terrain Treadwright Pumas.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
12-12-2017, 02:15 AM
As crazy as this may sound coming from a fellow Ford guy, I think the Caprice with the 6.0 V8 looks pretty cool. On a surface level, it looks like a normal sedan. But on the inside, the 6.0 can really make that car move.
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
[+] 1 user Likes Westbrook's post