Current time: 02-23-2018, 08:07 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
windshield wiper motor
02-02-2018, 11:37 AM
windshield wiper motor
I recently bought a 2005 P71 crown vic and it runs and drives great. It has one issue and it's the wipers don't want to work properly. I have replaced the wiper motor and the turn signal switch. So what happens is the wipers will work for in between 5 to 30 minutes depends on what it feels like doing. Then they just stops and won't work until the car has been turned off for around 30 minutes. Any Idea's? I live in Washington so it rains allot and very frustrating when I can barely seen where I'm driving every day.Bang[/b] Thank god for Rain X it helps.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2018, 12:15 PM
windshield wiper motor
Did you clean out the wiper cowl and is it a new motor?

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 2 users Like BlackVic_P71's post
02-02-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: windshield wiper motor
Yes I did as it was full of crud. It’s clean now and I did check when it was raining. I didn’t see any water build up.
[+] 1 user Likes stangf150vic's post
02-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Is there a separate wiper module on these or is it part of the wiper motor like the MM?
I forget on the later CV
02-03-2018, 08:08 AM
(02-02-2018 07:57 PM)massacre Wrote:

Is there a separate wiper module on these or is it part of the wiper motor like the MM?
I forget on the later CV
2003+ is all the same as far as I've seen

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
02-03-2018, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018 10:45 PM by ksurf_k.)
I've never really heard of that situation yet. Is there a wiper relay? If there is, might swap it with the horn relay for a test to rule it out. I can't check diagrams right now i might be able to tomorrow. Sounds like something weird is happening in your situation to me, Might be a good idea to check if wiper motor is getting a good ground, check for chaffed wires. another idea, check and see if motor has power and ground by back probing connector when is stops working. Check for hot motor could seize if too hot. check for loose wires or pins in connectors at malfunction switch and motor.
Kenny 491304- 1999 crown vic (back burner project) with 260,100 miles planning on it to be my drive to work/beater/race car mode/parts kick around car, Also have a nice 2002 crown vic 182,000 miles with 200 lb weight delete, & love it!
[+] 1 user Likes ksurf_k's post
02-04-2018, 11:45 AM
(02-03-2018 10:42 PM)ksurf_k Wrote:

I've never really heard of that situation yet. Is there a wiper relay? If there is, might swap it with the horn relay for a test to rule it out. I can't check diagrams right now i might be able to tomorrow. Sounds like something weird is happening in your situation to me, Might be a good idea to check if wiper motor is getting a good ground, check for chaffed wires. another idea, check and see if motor has power and ground by back probing connector when is stops working. Check for hot motor could seize if too hot. check for loose wires or pins in connectors at malfunction switch and motor.
^Good idea to look for chaffed wires, these cars lived a hard life.
I do see a wiper motor fuse under the hood, but no specific relay.
[Image: 05-06cvgmqENGfuses.jpg]
When I had issues with PCM constant power on my '05, it was a broken wire in a bundle behind the bumper cover, took me a long time to find it.
2005 CV Sport

[+] 3 users Like BlackVic_P71's post