Current time: 11-18-2017, 11:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newb in Huntsville, AL
06-15-2017, 08:17 PM
newb in Huntsville, AL
Hi All -

I am new to the Panther platform. Have had a couple of Fords before, but that was many years ago. Attached is a pic of my new pride and joy, a 2004 P71. I was fortunate to find this car for sale with 2,924 original miles. No, that is not a typo. It was owned by the Virginia State Police, but as a range instructor's car, it was never really used. So it's pretty much a 13-year-old "new" car. It won't continue to stay parked though, as I'm now using it as my daily driver.

I don't have much planned for modifications yet, just focusing on learning about these cars. About the only thing I'd like to do at the moment is to put on some aftermarket mufflers to give it a little bit of an exhaust note. Nothing too raucous though. I was thinking about some Flowmaster Super 50's.

Bruce

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Beluga's post
06-15-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: newb in Huntsville, AL
Let me be the first to say..... jealous at that milage.. welcome. I'm new to p71's myself.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
86 Caprice coupe -Sold
01 Cavalier turbo-pushrod motor 261whp 306 wtq-Traded for dakota w/no motor
04 Cavalier Supercharged 249whp/227wtq -SOLD
95 Dakota cam'd bolt on's 360 swapped locker/Caltracs
06 p71 Mo's Speed Shop tune, ss braided brake lines so far....
06-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard, great ride you scored there.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
06-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Welcome, I think we have a new record on this forum for lowest original mileage!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
[+] 3 users Like Westbrook's post
06-16-2017, 12:52 AM
That's a great score. Congrats!
Hello from Birmingham Al
[+] 1 user Likes Merc2008's post
06-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Welcome from Ohio. Nice score. Msena has had the title for awhile, not now. You good sir have taken the belt.

Bacon cures everything
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
06-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome. Yeah I figured I wouldn't see a car like this again anytime soon, so I had to jump on it. I've put a few hundred miles on, and so far I really love it. It's not a luxury car, but it seems like a P71 is somehow more than just the sum of its parts.

BTW tobiasg1995, I bought the car up in your neck of the woods -- Groveport, OH (Columbus suburb).
[+] 1 user Likes Beluga's post
06-16-2017, 12:33 PM
Wow that's about as clean as it gets, welcome!!
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshenerâ„¢

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
06-16-2017, 01:17 PM
(06-16-2017 12:03 PM)Beluga Wrote:

Thanks guys for the welcome. Yeah I figured I wouldn't see a car like this again anytime soon, so I had to jump on it. I've put a few hundred miles on, and so far I really love it. It's not a luxury car, but it seems like a P71 is somehow more than just the sum of its parts.

BTW tobiasg1995, I bought the car up in your neck of the woods -- Groveport, OH (Columbus suburb).
If i may ask how did you find this unicorn?

Bacon cures everything
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
06-16-2017, 02:14 PM
(06-16-2017 01:17 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

If i may ask how did you find this unicorn?

Bacon cures everything

The short answer is eBay. But to give you a little more background, there's a guy who's a retired police chief, formerly of Groveport, who now lives in Dayton. He's a car guy and a lifelong admirer of police cars. In fact he told me that was what originally inspired him to become a cop, was the idea of driving those cool cars.

Since retiring, he deals in ex-police cars and also still works part time in some sort of consulting role for the police force. He has some really cool cars in his personal collection, including a 1970 Ford Custom 500, a '91 CVPI, and a '72 Custom 500 that he's still in the process of restoring. It's an ex-South Carolina state trooper car.

He picks up the cars at auction but is particular about what he buys to resell. He said this was the lowest-mileage car he has found, not surprisingly.

Anyway, he seems like a great guy, very genuine and personable. Not what I generally think of when I think of a used car dealer. His business is called American Pursuit & Performance. The shop and office are still in Groveport, although as I said, he's moved to Dayton.