Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Water in the EGR?
12-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Water in the EGR?
I've been having a problem running lean occasionally, so I decided to take the EGR valve off and put on a block off plate. I took off the valve and water came out...how does that happen?
I know there is a coolant line running to the EGR spacer, but that hasn't been in the car in years, so it can't be that.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: Water in the EGR?
Just a guess, but if you were not getting full flow of hot exhaust gasses through the valve it could be condensation like the condensation you get out of the tailpipe before the system gets up to full temperature.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
12-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Water in the EGR?
I have a feeling that the valve was opening when it wasn't supposed to, so it may have been open when the car was off but hot...I really don't know.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum