Current time: 12-17-2017, 01:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UPS...
12-07-2017, 01:01 PM
UPS...
I know they have holiday staff on now, but that should just mean faster service. In the last week, 2 packages to me have been delayed. One was because the trailer left before they got the box on it, today it apparently went on the wrong truck. I thought all this sorting was computerized now, so are the computers against me?
The one packages tracking has changed since delivered, on the day it was due it said it was at the local center, then next it was back in Jersey...I like tracking when It's accurate.[Image: 78404ba639c9c8a06d394b41838aeae1.jpg][Image: d0e172a0007da988a107046b8e59a03f.jpg]

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: UPS...
I haven't had any issues like that with bad sorting causing delays. Now if they would just take the ten extra steps and leave the boxes on my covered porch instead of leaving them in the driveway in the rain.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 3 users Like msena's post
12-08-2017, 08:22 AM
UPS...
Good customer service would have a management type drive the package over and drop it off, I'm maybe 10 minutes from the warehouse.

2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

12-08-2017, 06:31 PM
The order sheets are computerized but the loading of the trucks is still done by hand. I haven't had nearly as bad a delay experience as that but the ones I have had were through USPS. Sounds like a bad run of luck to me. I do know that even with the holiday staffing, which usually consists of retired drivers, they're still going non-stop, sun-up to sun-down, 6 days a week until about mid January.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
12-11-2017, 04:46 PM
The computers are just fine, it's that they are run by humans. The package handling is done by humans. That's the problem in a nutshell. MHO
Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe.
2x2004 P71s. One black (Spook) 145,000 and one white (Cracker)104,500
[+] 1 user Likes Pecos Slick's post
12-12-2017, 01:34 AM
I've had a package get lost in UPS warehouses for a few months once, now I use FedEx hah
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshener™

~75k miles

12-12-2017, 08:08 AM
UPS...
A few years ago, I got a package late because weather. It arrived in a new box with the wrong stuff in it, I called them and Amazon to sort it out and they both sent labels to pick it up, then Amazon sent a replacement for the order...then sent it again, so I wound up with extra :-)
Amazon did it again this summer, a package got lost and they sent 2 replacements.

2005 CV Sport