Current time: 09-20-2017, 09:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking of getting a 2011 Vic Police interceptor
08-12-2017, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 05:55 PM by Kearney36950.)
Thinking of getting a 2011 Vic Police interceptor
Hi My name is Jordan, I was shopping around the other day for a temp car. One i can use for a little and then maybe sell down the road. it's a 2011 vic black old Police interceptor. Now here's what i want to know from you guy's being the experts and all. The price for it is pretty good. I test drove it hauls ass!... the body is pretty good expect for a little weird crap pant job-touch up. didn't seem to have any oil leaks. But he coolant did seem to be a little mercy and or milky. I'm sorry the point i'm trying to get here is... Is this a good buy? I don't mind doing a fluids flush or anything i don't mind that. I don't plane on keeping it for long. What should i bee on the look out for?

Good-
Black
Police interceptor

Bad-
Cabin air-box fan shielding is broke. (Junkyard fix)
Mercy and or milky coolant.
Some shitty paint touch up job in some areas.                    
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: Thinking of getting a 2011 Vic Police interceptor
Welcome.
Are you saying that it looks like coolant and oil are mixing?
Worst case is it needs a motor, these cars do have an oil cooler though, and the gasket can go bad which is an easy fix...but you gotta know for sure what the problem is.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post
08-12-2017, 09:26 PM
OK so let go back in fill in some blanks cause i just went back to the car today after hours to look at it.... So the coolant concern i have is that i was wrong with my initial findings. Second look gave a better preservative of the cooling system the coolant was brown like S&^T brown and maybe with a hint of green maybe, but there was another color in there and i think it was green. So someone mixed coolants. I know Dex coolant is brown i think? but the oil looks clean and fresh so i don't think Head-gasket. no coolant smell either. Does need a coolant flush for sure. So this brings me to my next concern i saw cheery read fluid all over the front end undercarriage of the car. From steering rack up. Looks to be originating from the upper driver side radiator. Cherry read i think is trans fluid... So maybe broken hose and radiator. other then that the engine seems fin a bit dirty but fine. Vlave covers are good it seems. I might buy this car Monday depending on the out come of this post.

O yeah other then that cherry red in the front the whole undercarriage looks pretty clean. no leaks from rear dif or what ever you call it.

Concerns-
Cherry red fluid leaking from upper radiator driver side.
Coolant looks like S#%T,maybe hint of green.
08-12-2017, 09:54 PM
The Interceptors have both a trans cooler and a P.S. cooler so ATF could be either one, but your description definitely points toward a leaking P.S. system. All-in-all, unless you are getting this car for a seriously cheap price I would be wary. There are plenty of nice, mechanically sound P7Bs out there.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes msena's post
08-13-2017, 04:38 AM
welcome, I agree with what was said. That this would have to be really cheap or I would probably move on to another one.
2007 P71
08-13-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 08:29 AM by Kearney36950.)
They want like 2k I'm going to offer like 1 and I'm not going to go any higher than 1300. The fact that the leak is higher up around the radiator area doesn't have me to concerned because it's not actually a steering rack or pump. Because like I said it starts in the radiator and goes back. Other than that I know ford's are easy to work on but is it really worth it?
08-13-2017, 10:15 AM
So i ran a carfax and i would be the 3 owner and it was a police car for about the first 50k miles.
08-13-2017, 10:53 AM
I would keep looking, if you have a coolant mix sludge in there it's in everywhere that the coolant goes, if it's ATF then that mix is everywhere...if you are confident that you can replace every part with coolant in it and still be ahead, or you can clean it all out and never have a future issue, go ahead.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

08-13-2017, 03:31 PM
(08-13-2017 10:53 AM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

I would keep looking, if you have a coolant mix sludge in there it's in everywhere that the coolant goes, if it's ATF then that mix is everywhere...if you are confident that you can replace every part with coolant in it and still be ahead, or you can clean it all out and never have a future issue, go ahead.

I don't think is sludge up yet. But i will flush the coolant. If i get the car tomorrow. But i may have miss spoken in my last post the ATF is not mixed with the coolant. it's just there's a cherry read leak coming from the upper radiator area, i'm assuming it's ATF.