Current time: 11-21-2017, 07:03 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suspension Lift in Progress
11-15-2017, 02:32 PM
RE: Suspension Lift in Progress
(11-11-2017 11:26 AM)Black Ice LSC Wrote:

(11-08-2017 06:31 PM)georgeent Wrote:

Jeez what a pain. Oh and to top it off, the 7 inch kit i ordered only lifted the car about 4 inches.....

when i asked 'why?' I was just curious....is this for fun? hobby? particular need for ground clearance? I see the cargo rack on the roof. do you go on excursions that require ground clearance?

I dont "love it or hate it" in either way...was just curious.

form follows function, so they say....so I was curious what the need to spend X amount of dollars on a lift of a 2 wheel drive sedan was. are you adding a 4 wheel drive-drivetrain? is this for actual off-roading? or just looks, fun, showing off something unique/different?

Just for fun and to have something different. Never to go off road except maybe to the beach on the sand. I'm going for a Mad Max/Zombie Apocalypse look. Off road light bars will go all the way around the luggage rack. Shovel, pick, and empty gas cans in the rack. Winch (non-working or it'll rip the bumper off) on the push bar and eventually wire mesh/bars over all the windows on the outside.

My wife says i have too much time, and apparently too much money on my hands. lol!
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like georgeent's post
11-16-2017, 11:12 AM
(11-15-2017 02:32 PM)georgeent Wrote:

(11-11-2017 11:26 AM)Black Ice LSC Wrote:

(11-08-2017 06:31 PM)georgeent Wrote:

Jeez what a pain. Oh and to top it off, the 7 inch kit i ordered only lifted the car about 4 inches.....

when i asked 'why?' I was just curious....is this for fun? hobby? particular need for ground clearance? I see the cargo rack on the roof. do you go on excursions that require ground clearance?

I dont "love it or hate it" in either way...was just curious.

form follows function, so they say....so I was curious what the need to spend X amount of dollars on a lift of a 2 wheel drive sedan was. are you adding a 4 wheel drive-drivetrain? is this for actual off-roading? or just looks, fun, showing off something unique/different?

Just for fun and to have something different. Never to go off road except maybe to the beach on the sand. I'm going for a Mad Max/Zombie Apocalypse look. Off road light bars will go all the way around the luggage rack. Shovel, pick, and empty gas cans in the rack. Winch (non-working or it'll rip the bumper off) on the push bar and eventually wire mesh/bars over all the windows on the outside.

My wife says i have too much time, and apparently too much money on my hands. lol!

If you're mounting the winch to the pushbar, it should be totally functional as the pushbar is mounted to the frame. Just FYI Wink

How's it coming along? You get the axle realigned yet? Are you going to leave it raked or level it out?
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
11-16-2017, 11:21 PM
If you're mounting the winch to the pushbar, it should be totally functional as the pushbar is mounted to the frame. Just FYI Wink

How's it coming along? You get the axle realigned yet? Are you going to leave it raked or level it out?
[/quote]

I had a helluva time getting the right brackets to mount the push bar. I mounted the push bar to the metal bar under the bumper. Is the metal bar mounted to the frame?

Just cut another inch off the back lift cups to level it out though I didn't mind the raked look. Reminds me of my teenage years. Should be picking up the car tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)
11-17-2017, 11:43 AM
(11-16-2017 11:21 PM)georgeent Wrote:

I had a helluva time getting the right brackets to mount the push bar. I mounted the push bar to the metal bar under the bumper. Is the metal bar mounted to the frame?

Just cut another inch off the back lift cups to level it out though I didn't mind the raked look. Reminds me of my teenage years. Should be picking up the car tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)

That's a decent question. I'm not as familiar with the underside of Frank as I am Whitey, yet. So I'm not entirely sure what metal bar you're referring to in order to answer that.

The rake is fine I was just curious what the final plans for the lift were. Personally I'd like to level Frank's rear out as I prefer the flatter look.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles