Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saudi Arabia P71 encounter
10-22-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2016 05:38 PM by azpitbull.)
Saudi Arabia P71 encounter
Like something from the series "Almost Got Away With It" the show crossed my mind while looking in the rear view and noticed a P71 had been following me for the past few miles. This ain't no place to be breaking the law Tongue
Cheers!Big Grin
[Image: 34hdq3s.jpg]
[Image: 14sm96p.jpg]
[Image: 28velww.jpg]
Azpitbull
'06 CV-P71 (PI) 120k (in storage)
'02 CV-P72 (LX) 255k+ running great!
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like azpitbull's post
10-22-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: Saudi Arabia P71 encounter
I wonder how those Taurus' with their unibodies are holding up. I'm sure the ones with the 3.5 ecoboost are fast and fun, but they're hard to work on and not diy-friendly.
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
[+] 1 user Likes Westbrook's post
10-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Cool
2007 P71
10-26-2016, 07:51 AM
lookin in the rearview and seeing that image is a scary sight here in the states as well lol
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
12-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Actually the Tauruses are holding up pretty well, just lost one in September with 500,000 km on the odometer, hit a deer. The Sargent wasn't happy but it was long past the retirement mileage cap. The all-wheel-drive and 3.5 ecoboost engine worked well on our less than perfect roads, fantastic on the snow and ice covered winter roads.

Servicing nightmares though and cramped interiors from what I was told by a couple members.

They are going almost entirely to the Explorer based SUV now in my part of the country. Same power-train but more interior space and better more commanding view from the higher seating position.
Current:
2010 LTC Signature Series , Silver Birch Metallic, 2004 F150

Gone:
2004 LTC Ultimate, Black, 1998 LTC Signature Series, Silver Frost Metallic
[+] 1 user Likes Todd Ector's post
12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
of the talks i've had with cops, mainly highway patrol so lots of high speed stuff, they all wish they had crown vics back instead of the explorers. they said the awd exp has a higher grip limit than the vic but once you lose it, there's nothing you can do to recover. They said although the vics had a lower grip limit, you could drift it back into control. They did say the exp is more comfy.
[+] 1 user Likes georgeent's post
12-03-2017, 07:37 PM
(12-01-2017 08:54 PM)georgeent Wrote:

of the talks i've had with cops, mainly highway patrol so lots of high speed stuff, they all wish they had crown vics back instead of the explorers. they said the awd exp has a higher grip limit than the vic but once you lose it, there's nothing you can do to recover. They said although the vics had a lower grip limit, you could drift it back into control. They did say the exp is more comfy.

I guess it depends on body size. I never drove the Explorer police car, since thats after my time, but I was more comfy in a CV that even a Tahoe. Something about the back of the seat with a duty belt on made them "meh". It wasnt an Impala, which man oh man, I hate. Those were crampt every which way.

As far as grip limit, sure, the back will break free, but counter steer and you're just fine, while the SUV will want to roll. I actually got on two wheels with a Yukon during a particularly urgent call (pucker factor 10), Had to steer into the grass to not flip over, and ended up on a taxiway, before I was able to get back on the road. A CV won't do that ever.

And yes, they are easy to bring back. Which one exception of course. If your steering snaps or locks up, then there's nothing you can do. Again...this I know first hand. Or I should say first vertebra..and second and third...(Serious love hate going on with me...I love my Crown Vic, but man do I hate Ford lol)
2004 Crown Vic LX Sport (currently with a booboo and totaled)
1972 Lincoln Continental 1 of 1
1973 Lincoln Continental Saved from the crusher
2014 Chevy Camaro
2007 Crown Vic P71 SAP (officially gone, but its parts still clutter my place)
[+] 2 users Like castrosua's post