Current time: 01-20-2018, 08:42 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SAT radio adapter or alternative - iPod connection wanted
01-01-2018, 10:19 PM
SAT radio adapter or alternative - iPod connection wanted
I have seen some connectors in the past that plug into the SAT port on the back of the factory radio. They can give different functionality, either allowing bluetooth connectivity, line-in etc.

I have a 2007 Town Car with the 4-speaker system (I assume, because I don't have the tweeters in the front sail panels) with a SAT button that just gives the message "No Satellite Found" or whatever.

The functionality that I like most about this method is that it can display information about your songs and you can use the Seek buttons right in the dash or steering wheel.

What is the best option to gain this functionality with the stock radio? I am saving up for a Continental so I don't want to go all out on a new head unit.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: SAT radio adapter or alternative - iPod connection wanted
I know you said with stock radio, but just wanted to share minus the satelite radio, walmart has a brand name "dual" radio for 20 bucks, comes with bluetooth, usb, aux conector and can be wired to an amp with connections on the back, doesnt have cd, but thats outdated now anyways. just an idea i figured was worth throwing in there
Kenny 491304- 1999 crown vic (back burner project) with 260,100 miles planning on it to be my drive to work/beater/race car mode/parts kick around car, Also have a nice 2002 crown vic 182,000 miles with 200 lb weight delete, & love it!
01-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Thanks I may have seen these before. The problem with Lincoln radios is that the "sound mark" series has a bunch of small changes that make it incompatible with most Ford stuff. For instance, the fact that they decided to digitally drive the sub amp... So if I can splice into my FM antenna or SAT plug that isn't being used anyway, I may be able to have the display show what's being played and be able to toggle through my media.
[+] 1 user Likes LandYachts's post
01-02-2018, 11:46 AM
(01-02-2018 11:30 AM)LandYachts Wrote:

Thanks I may have seen these before. The problem with Lincoln radios is that the "sound mark" series has a bunch of small changes that make it incompatible with most Ford stuff. For instance, the fact that they decided to digitally drive the sub amp... So if I can splice into my FM antenna or SAT plug that isn't being used anyway, I may be able to have the display show what's being played and be able to toggle through my media.

i understand. my duaghter has a 04 mercury sable with am fm tape cassete built into the climate control.... lolz, we wired up the walmart radio i tod you about from the back wiring amplifier connector in the trunk, still havent decided where to put the radio yet but it works spliced into the two 12v wires at the climate control connectors... theres always something, they should keep some things atleast more simmple like radios.
Kenny 491304- 1999 crown vic (back burner project) with 260,100 miles planning on it to be my drive to work/beater/race car mode/parts kick around car, Also have a nice 2002 crown vic 182,000 miles with 200 lb weight delete, & love it!
01-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Haha, the sables and Tauruses from those eras...the radios seem like punishment of some kind, or a very unfunny bet.
[+] 2 users Like LandYachts's post
01-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Theoretically the GROM USB2 could have done what you want, never could get a straight answer from the company if it truly was compatible with our cars or not.

Personally I plan on adding a bluetooth module to the factory radio and call it a day, I would love to see the artist-track information but after much research I have given up on that idea.

In theory you could use a FM transmitter that sends that information to the factory radio but with two issues, 1. most FM transmitters aren't that good and 2. try and find one that does this in todays world, they used to exist but with most modern cars having that ability from the factory the marker is to small for anyone to product a high quality FM (wired?) transmitter with that ability.

A different idea I have been throwing around it to replace the factory clock with a upper information panel from a earlier sync system, focus, fusion, F150 and connect a sync system to that and the audio inputs that I plan to use for the bluetooth, there are stand alone modules available to turn on the sync system so it theoretically could be done this way.

That being said I thing the easiest way would still be to replace the head unit with something more modern that has those abilities already.
Current:
2010 LTC Signature Series , Silver Birch Metallic, 2004 F150

Gone:
2004 LTC Ultimate, Black, 1998 LTC Signature Series, Silver Frost Metallic
01-03-2018, 11:56 AM
I have a high end transmitter that we were going to use in church for the hearing impaired before all the FCC rules got janked around. It sucks. Plain and simple. If it's running about 10 feet from the car, no issue. Inside the car you might as well just burn it all to cd and use the player.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles