Current time: 02-23-2018, 08:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear suspension
02-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Rear suspension
Alright guys I need some help here. I have a 2008 CV Lx and the rear suspension is shot. Shocks and springs I'm looking for a spring/shock set up that is good for pulling my little 5'x8' trailer to and from the home improvement store. I don't have a truck so this is what I have to work with. It already has springs and shocks (no air). Just looking for some pointers I'm not looking to spend a ton. It is my daily driver with just over 111,xxx miles. Everything I have found says it wont work on my Lx.
Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 12:10 PM
RE: Rear suspension
If you already have coil springs, you can use "helper" air bags inside the springs. They generally have an air inlet(schrader valve) on the back of the car that you can pump up a little when you are towing or otherwise heavily loaded.
If it says it won't work on your LX, put in that it's a P71 so it knows it's coil springs.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
02-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Rear suspension
(02-04-2018 12:10 PM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

If you already have coil springs, you can use "helper" air bags inside the springs. They generally have an air inlet(schrader valve) on the back of the car that you can pump up a little when you are towing or otherwise heavily loaded.
If it says it won't work on your LX, put in that it's a P71 so it knows it's coil springs.

Sounds good I didn’t figure there was a difference thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Dandy59's post