Current time: 02-19-2018, 07:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to me 2003 Grand Marquis
01-17-2018, 12:05 PM
I stumbled on this car by mistake. A person I know actually had this car and it was sitting for as long as I can remember. I was interested in buying their broken Mazda, that also sat for years. One day she called me and said do you want to buy the Mazda? We're ready to sell. I went down and bought it, and she also asked if I knew anyone that might be interested in the Grand Marquis. I didnt know anything about Panther's but I said i'd take it for a spin. The rear suspension was shot, the engine had a miss and the battery was shot, but I still ended up buying it for $700.

I fixed up the mazda and it sold instantly, which left me with this car. I started driving it around and seeing what it needed. Ended up replacing the super blown rear shocks, doing the intake manifold to fix the miss, changing the oil, putting in a $50 walmart battery, took it in to Ford for the LCM recall, and cleaned the hell out of the interior. I have 3 other cars that I drive regularly, but i have become attached to the way this car rides. Its comfortable, rwd, and a nice upper trim so has a lot of creature comforts. Perfect winter car - the miles are somewhat high, but Ive got about $1000 into the car total and for the price, its one of the most comfortable cars ive ever driven.

2003 LS with 170k.

This forum is awesome and really covers just about everything I would need to do to it, too.

Pics are on Imgur, not sure how to post direct links.

Pictures on imgur
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like farmermac's post
01-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Not too shabby for $700. I'm getting ready to do the intake on my 2010. How easy did the egr line come loose or did you have to heat it?

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
01-17-2018, 05:27 PM
RE: New to me 2003 Grand Marquis
EGR line removal was uneventful. I think it is an aluminized or stainless alloy because there was no rust. I sprayed it with some penetrating oil about 20 minutes before breaking it loose. There was one hiccup, one of the top 15mm fuel rail bolts was misaligned into the dowel of my "super chinese" intake manifold replacement. i spent more time than the average person reports on these forum on this manifold swap, even though I have a full shop and work on cars every day, but I was extra careful not to strip anything and checked out some other stuff while i had the manifold off.
[+] 1 user Likes farmermac's post
01-17-2018, 05:54 PM
That's good to know. I have my 06 to look at if I forget where to put something

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
[+] 1 user Likes tobiasg1995's post
01-17-2018, 10:07 PM
RE: New to me 2003 Grand Marquis
Welcome to the forum, looks like a you got a decent bargain considering the &1000 investment and a little bit of your time.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited