Current time: 11-22-2017, 06:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New member from North Texas
09-05-2017, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 08:33 PM by jakehopt.)
New member from North Texas
What's up everyone? My name is Jacob, from the Texoma area. I moved up here a couple years ago from the Dallas area. Super excited to be apart of the community.

Today I picked up my first Panther Platform vehicle, a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS w/ 62k miles. I couldn't be happier. It's in pretty decent shape for it's age/mileage, with a fair share of scrapes and dents from the previous owner. Overall though it's all things that can easily be fixed over time, and it's mechanically sound. I can't wait to get to modding and reading up on what all you guys have done and have to teach.

Thanks for existing,
Jacob

[Image: Pgq9DY5.jpg]

[Image: a0DNSrX.jpg]
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jakehopt's post
09-05-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: New member from North Texas
Welcome aboard Jacob, great lookin' Merc you got there!
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
09-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Looks good, any plans yet to change it up or just maintenance and keep it running strong

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
86 Caprice coupe -Sold
01 Cavalier turbo-pushrod motor 261whp 306 wtq-Traded for dakota w/no motor
04 Cavalier Supercharged 249whp/227wtq -SOLD
95 Dakota cam'd bolt on's 360 swapped locker/Caltracs
06 p71 Mo's Speed Shop tune, ss braided brake lines so far....
09-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Good looking find. Let the mods begin....
2004 CVLX Dark Blue Pearl, 29,000 mile garage queen, 100% Showroom
ADTR zip tube, K&N drop-in, Mach1 chin spoiler, Addco's, Dual exhaust-H pipe & Walker s/s, 20% tint all around, Pro-Gard bumper tuck, KYB gas-a-just shocks, Heinous c/a, s/s brake lines, 18x8 AR908 pvd wheels, 255-45-18 Sumitomos, beach towel seat cover, OEM splash guards

2004 CVLX: Perfect, 29k
2000 Buick Park Ave, 109k
1998 BMW k1200rs, 16k
09-06-2017, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 01:27 AM by jakehopt.)
Thanks all!

Yeahh I'm not really the kind of guy to keep anything stock for long.. but at the same time I don't plan on going crazy with modifications just for the sake of it haha. First things first I really want to get the windows tinted, I like the clean, stock look but I think nicely done tint reallly sets a car off.

Second I'd like to do a little bit of exhaust work, nothing too loud, not trying to turn this into a street/strip car but I kind of want to show off the 4.6L and remind myself I'm in a V8 haha. I owned a 96 F-150 and had a pair of Thrush Turbo mufflers on it, I'm planning on putting just ONE on this single exhaust setup for the Merc. Not really sure how just one will sound though, but hopefully it's just the right amount of growl, without being overly loud.

Third I'd like to lower the car just a little bit, I'm thinking no more than 1.5 inches, possibly just 1 inch. But that will be down the line, for now the exhaust and tint are at the top of my list. As well as some maintenance items.

At 60k miles, is there anything maintenance related you guys suggest I should tackle first? The oil is fresh, and the air filter looks pretty clean. The belt looks to be in good shape as well, but any suggestions about things I could tackle early rather than later when they could fail would be seriously appreciated!
09-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Welcome from Ohio. I'd change the tranny fluid and filter. Fuel filter and check the condition of the coolant.

It is what it is
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
09-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Howdy neighbor! I'm north of you a couple hours, just south of Tulsa Smile
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
09-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Welcome

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
09-07-2017, 05:21 PM
(09-06-2017 10:11 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

Ahh nice man, yeah I work right up on the border in Denison/Sherman area. But my job takes me into OK quite often. Y'all have some serious crazy drivers hahah.
[+] 1 user Likes jakehopt's post
09-07-2017, 06:01 PM
(09-07-2017 05:21 PM)jakehopt Wrote:

(09-06-2017 10:11 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

Ahh nice man, yeah I work right up on the border in Denison/Sherman area. But my job takes me into OK quite often. Y'all have some serious crazy drivers hahah.

I used to not think so but the more I go into other states the more I'm inclined to agree. Haven't seen anyone pass on the shoulder here like Texas or Illinois, though. Folks in Chicago is CRAZY. I won't be going there again, even if I buy another car. Be shipping that sucker.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles