Current time: 11-19-2017, 04:40 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Hello, new to this great forum after being turned onto it by a friend after purchasing my first P-71. I drove them for years as a suburban cop and I'm intimately aware of their capabilities and dependable reputation. Was wondering what the consensus is regarding my purchase: I snagged a 2008 DHS/U.S. Customs & Border Protection Field Operations car. 11,600 miles & 27 (yes - Twenty Seven) Idle Hours. Absolutely perfect minus the semi dry-rotted original Goodyear RSAs which will be replaced soon. Four small holes in the roof where the light bar was mounted, now puttied over and touch-up painted. She still smells new and you'd be able to eat off both the engine bay and interior she's so clean. My mechanic gave her his ultimate blessing after checking everything including the undercarriage while up on a rack. She's tight, no squeaks, squeals or rattles and everything works as new. All fluids look and smell as they should... an oil and filter change, air filter swap and a bottle of fuel treatment for now. CarFax shows 2 oil changes and the steering shaft recall, all done at a Ford dealership in Oregon - that's it. I think it was fairly priced at $10,800. Opinions? Comments? Look forward to sharing pix once she's registered and driven daily.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TrickyVicky's post
11-05-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: New member
Welcome to the forum! I split your post off so you could have your own welcome post. Sounds like you got yourself a great "new" ride, post up some pictures if you get a chance.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 2 users Like msena's post
11-06-2017, 01:48 AM
Welcome, sounds like you scored big time!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
11-06-2017, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 02:01 AM by donzelwshngton.)
All things considered, that ain't too bad I think. Congrats on nabbing such a low mileage Vic...Welcome to the site!
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshener™

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
11-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Welcome

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

11-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Welcome, Sounds like you snagged one of the dwindling supply of low mile Vics.
2007 P71
[+] 1 user Likes fairlane's post
11-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Welcome! Can't wait to see what it looks like! Definitely a fair price. I gave 6800 for mine with 68,000 and 127 hours. I see them come across the guys I bought mine from with 20k miles and comparable hours for 9-11,000 all the time, so definitely good as far as their sales.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
[+] 1 user Likes FranktheVic's post
11-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Tha'ts great that you was able to score such a ride , Welcome to the forum from NW Ohio . Post some pics if you can !211952

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)