Current time: 09-20-2017, 09:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New guy from Germany
05-18-2017, 05:44 AM
New guy from Germany
Hallo guys, my name is Martin and I'm from Germany. I just resently bought myself a 2007 merc grand marquis. An ex comander car. It still has the strobes in the back. But it is not even in Germany and I already got trouble. In Germany the indicators in the back needs to be yellow but there is no rear light for the merc with yellow indicators. But there are for the crown vic. Will they fit strayed in or do i need to customize something?

And sorry guys if the english is not perfect. like I said I'm from Germany. Thanks for any help
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2017, 07:14 AM
RE: New guy from Germany
Welcome to the forum Martin. Your English is just fine. The tail lights from a CV will fit but won't have the same trim around it probably. Enjoy your stay with us.
Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe.
2x2004 P71s. One black (Spook) 145,000 and one white (Cracker)104,500
05-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Welcome.
You'll have to do some wiring for the signals to work in the amber portion, the brake/signal is the same bulb on your car and you'll need to seperate those and add another socket or 2 for the lower portion of the housing.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
05-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Thank you so much for your help, so all I have to do is to change the wirering? That's not a big deal. does one of you have a wireing diagram by any chance?
05-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Welcome!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 155K, Otherwise Stock
05-18-2017, 11:09 AM
I got one more question. Is there a different between the years 2004 and 2007 wenn it comes to the tail lights ( shape, mounting or whatever ) ?
05-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Welcome
2007 P71
05-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. There should be no significant changes or differences to the shape or mounting points between the 2004 and 2007 models. Are you allowed to move the location of the indicators from their original location in the tail light housing? If so, it may be possible to mount separate amber indicators somewhere in the rear bumper cover.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
05-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Willkommen!! Go to http://www.crownvic.net and you'll find many threads about European spec change over. I have a 2011 and missed the amber lights from my Porsche und KDF/Volkswagen vehicles so I purchased 98 to 2003 Crown Vic tail lamp housings. So we are in the same boat for different reasons. Just search amber tail lights there bitte schon.

Tschuss!
09-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Hey Guys, i got another problem and I hope someone can help me. I have to change the engine control box and the question is, what kind of software tool do I need to do this, did someone of you ever do this and where can I buy this kind of diagnostic software?