Current time: 11-21-2017, 06:59 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New exhaust for Stick Vic
11-08-2017, 01:36 PM
New exhaust for Stick Vic
Finally got sick of the tailpipes and mufflers hanging low and crooked, and decided to do something about it. The previous owner had used a 2.5" X-pipe into 2.5" Flowmasters into...THE STOCK 2" CVPI TAILPIPES.

[Image: W1Xx501.jpg]

You can see how poorly the exhaust fit here...
[Image: H9KmAJP.jpg]

Anyway, a little WD-40 later (to remove the residue left by the peeling PI badge), a buddy with a welder and some mandrel-bent 2.5" Monte Carlo SS tailpipes with some length added here and there (that were previously on his own P71), and some resonated Marauder tips...and we knocked it out of the park.

Best of all, the tailpipes are tucked nicely and the tips are installed to my satisfaction...
[Image: KDLsMS8.jpg]

It sounds sorta like a pissed-off Marauder at idle, and somewhere between a Mustang and an old muscle car when being driven. No drone whatsoever. This video doesn't even come close to capturing it...

'03 Marauder | '07 P71 w/TR3650 | '91 LTD Country Squire
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like a_d_a_m's post
11-08-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: New exhaust for Stick Vic
(11-08-2017 01:36 PM)a_d_a_m Wrote:

Finally got sick of the tailpipes and mufflers hanging low and crooked, and decided to do something about it. The previous owner had used a 2.5" X-pipe into 2.5" Flowmasters into...THE STOCK 2" CVPI TAILPIPES.

[Image: W1Xx501.jpg]

You can see how poorly the exhaust fit here...
[Image: H9KmAJP.jpg]

Anyway, a little WD-40 later (to remove the residue left by the peeling PI badge), a buddy with a welder and some mandrel-bent 2.5" Monte Carlo SS tailpipes with some length added here and there (that were previously on his own P71), and some resonated Marauder tips...and we knocked it out of the park.

Best of all, the tailpipes are tucked nicely and the tips are installed to my satisfaction...
[Image: KDLsMS8.jpg]

It sounds sorta like a pissed-off Marauder at idle, and somewhere between a Mustang and an old muscle car when being driven. No drone whatsoever. This video doesn't even come close to capturing it...

Sounds good here ! I'll bet gas mileage will suffer hehe
11-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Yeah, it's been difficult to keep my foot out of it... Big Grin
'03 Marauder | '07 P71 w/TR3650 | '91 LTD Country Squire
[+] 2 users Like a_d_a_m's post
11-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Sounds good
11-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Looks and sounds great
2007 P71
11-14-2017, 08:20 AM
That's a great sound you got out of that. I like the way the tips are tucked, no scraping pulling out of driveways and such. That's what I used to experience with my rauder tips.
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
11-14-2017, 12:08 PM
(11-09-2017 12:41 PM)a_d_a_m Wrote:

Yeah, it's been difficult to keep my foot out of it... Big Grin

Heck it's difficult to keep my foot out of mine with stock exhaust xD Course I have to put my foot in it to hear it but whatever. That sounds real good though, nice and throaty with no rasp. Bet it burbles real nice at idle, too.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles