Current time: 09-22-2017, 01:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New CVPI owner from Texas!
08-27-2017, 03:48 AM
I'll start off by stating HOWDY Ya'll!

Glad to be on this forum where everyone shares their love for the Panther.

I am the proud new owner of a White 2007 CVPI with 120k. The previous owner did me the favor of upgrading the interior seats to leather, but they will need to be reupholstered in the near future since they got good use out of them. The paint needs a little love but I wanted a black CVPI so that can be a reality when the money is right.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like NotColorblind's post
08-27-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: New CVPI owner from Texas!
Welcome, post some pictures when you have the chance!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 155K, Otherwise Stock
08-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Welcome

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
08-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you and your family as well as the new Panther are safe and relatively dry.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes msena's post
08-29-2017, 03:45 AM
(08-27-2017 08:55 PM)msena Wrote:

Welcome aboard! Hope you and your family as well as the new Panther are safe and relatively dry.

Thanks bro. I'm in Houston and driving the Vic around today was the only reason I didn't get flooded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 5 users Like NotColorblind's post
08-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Welcome and glad you and your Panther are safe and dry(ish)!
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it Wink

Frank the Vic — 2007 CVPI SAP, Dark Toreador Red, Stock
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
[+] 1 user Likes FranktheVic's post
08-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Welcome, Stay dry down there.
2007 P71
[+] 1 user Likes fairlane's post
08-30-2017, 04:18 AM
Welcome and thankful you and your P1 are alive and well.. These are some fun cars and I honestly never thought I would say that! 8 time Mustang owner as far as Fords go...
[+] 2 users Like KDF82's post
08-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the love and support guys. I really appreciate it as does my Vic.
08-31-2017, 01:09 PM
I might have spoken a bit too soon.

So the water has gone down a small bit since the beginning of the Hurricane/ Storm. I had to evacuate my family and took them to my parents house where they were not flooded. I am a police officer and was on Emergency Activation and had to go back to work. Well long story short today we finally got told we could go home after being at work for the last 5 days 24/7. I foolishly tried to pick up my wife and kids only to mess up my CVPI and waste time and money . Not only could I not get to them because all of the roads were blocked off due to high water, but I may have sucked a small amount of water into my engine .

The car stalled and wouldn't turn on for the first few minutes. After I kept trying to turn the engine over the engine came on only to run very sluggish for about less than 10 seconds before it died again. Also the check engine light, the battery light and a wrench light came on. I tried not to panic and took a deep breath. I tried again and the car ran for a little longer and died again. Assuming that I had sucked only a small amount of water into the engine I kept repeating this process until the car actually was able to stay on and not die.

Finally I drove my Vic off of the lot and the car was still running sluggish but getting better slowly. I was a good ways away from home and my wife and kids so I tried another route to them only to find it also blocked off. I drove home with my head down and defeated. The car slowly began to regain its power and no longer feel as sluggish by the time I arrived home. I arrived home safely but am worried about my engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk