Current time: 11-21-2017, 06:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New CVPI owner from Texas!
08-31-2017, 03:48 PM
RE: New CVPI owner from Texas!
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your Vic especially after all of the water issues you folks are having down there. Main thing is that everyone is safe and sound. You did not mention how much water you drove through or how fast you were going. It would have to be awfully deep to draw water into the intake system. It very well could be something simple such as a connector that got wet from the depth of the water. Try not to overthink this and start with the basics first. Water can raise havoc with the electrical system of any car, even worse if there is salt involved.
[Image: jK1mMF3.jpg]
2001 Crown Vic LX Sport (Stock other than maint. items).
49,XXX miles, Toreador Red W/Medium Parchment Interior
1 of 54 Sports in Toreador Red, owned from new and never in the snow.

2000 Crown Vic P73 (The Green Machine) 1-option car (HPP Package) 126,XXX miles
Amazon Green W/Medium Parchment cloth. Minor upgrades to include: Electro chromic mirror retrofit, P-71 Honeycomb Grille, period correct Ford AM/FM single CD unit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peachpicker's post
08-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Hope both the family and the car end up back to normal soon. Hopefully you just got something electrical wet. If the engine hydro-locked I would expect it to either do the damage, which wouldn't get better on its own, or get back to normal quickly as the engine should eliminate the water quickly from the combustion chamber. It's possible you had some water in the air filter box and was pulling a little bit into the intake for a while, not enough to hydro-lock it but enough to keep the fuel/air charge from efficiently combusting.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
09-01-2017, 01:40 AM
Thanks again for all of the support guys. We are still under Emergency Activation with no days off until further notice but at least I can finally sleep in my bed after my shift. You guys are right at least the family is safe and out of harms way.

So about earlier. I was driving slow (probably around 10MPH Max) in about 2' 1/2- 3' of water. It was getting deeper so I pulled into a parking lot that sat higher and that's when I stalled out. When I popped the hood it goes without saying that everything was soaked. To explain the sluggish feeling better, it was as if the car was only running on 2 cylinders, and the engine felt very weak at first. After a few miles the Misfire feeling got better and eventually almost all feeling of power returned. I was too afraid to turn off the engine before arriving home , as I have an mandatory obligation to return to work so I only cut off the engine once I pulled into my home. When I tried to start the car all the lights came on as normal but the car would not start.

I tried again an hour later assuming I got something electrical wet and the engine turned on as normal. So far on my drive to work earlier I got a check engine light on but no more wrench light. I plan on changing my oil first thing in the morning and want to get my Vic scanned to see what code its giving.
[+] 1 user Likes NotColorblind's post
09-01-2017, 09:05 AM
I'd lean towards an electrical connection got wet. COPs may have gotten wet.

It is what it is
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
09-03-2017, 09:10 AM
The coil boots got wet, take them out and replace them and it will solve your problem, I had the same issue with mine and it fixed mine
09-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Welcome aboard!!
[Image: Resized_PhotoGrid_1477437485573%201_zps169flnyv.jpeg]
09-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Welcome from Helotes. It does sound like something electrical got a bath. The better news is hearing you and yours are safe.

Frank