Current time: 12-17-2017, 01:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My Cars and their stories
12-06-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: My Cars and their stories
Glad you checked in Al, sry you're still feeling shitty.

Doesn't matter when your last sign in was Al... we're all family here so just stop on in whenever you feel like it.
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BigVin's post
12-06-2017, 11:21 AM
(12-03-2017 07:08 PM)castrosua Wrote:

So I got the Marti report, and my Crown Vic is 1/133.

Not bad buuuut, Ford didnt keep track of options on their cars in that era (2004). So I have no way of finding out of those 133 which ones had sunroofs, tractions or adjustable pedals. (The pedals may be factored but the traction control seems like its not).

Im not knocking on Marti, because they do their research as best as they can. This is with Ford, a mix of them not documenting things internally and not giving the info out. We all know Ford really wanted to kill the Crown Vic, and this hatred still seems fresh. They dont like the reminder that they built big solid durable (I can keep going lol) cars.

Ever pull up at a Ford dealership with a CV, then you know the looks you get from the sales people. (Especially if yours is a clean new looking one. Forget about pulling up in a classic Continental. Next to this new one it makes the new stuff look cheap!)

So update on me. I've been feeling worse than my poor Vic, but finally got a new VA doc! Woohoo. Im still waiting on lawsuit updates. Hopefully I win enough to survive (with my luck Ill live 100 years...ugh) and enough to fix up my Vic. I do start the old boy up and drive up and down my driveway, leaving nice burnout tracks Wink

I miss driving this car...but by the time Ill get him back on the road, the last CVPI might be retired from police service. So I can finally drive him without people thinking im trying to impersonate. (While I was a cop, I didnt care, but now it can be annoying, not to mention you get stopped whenever they'res a bolo for a black CV robbing people.)

And sorry for not being very active...its been tough, but still burning gas!

Al
When I received my Marti Report about 2-1/2 or 3 years ago, they were able to tell me that my '01 Sport was 1 of 54 produced in Toreador Red with Medium Parchment interior. (Actually that was the only year a Sport was produced in Toreador Red). I was more interested to find out how many of those 54 had the digital dash since it was only available with the LX Comfort Plus Group which was a $1,900 option back in the day. Personally, I have never seen another Sport with the digital dash and of the two Toreador red ones I saw, they had black interior with analog gauges. Additionally, mine has every option available back in the day with the exception of Home link, traction control, and a full-size spare. I gathered from the gal I spoke with that Ford was very sporadic with sending the information to Marti Auto Works and it seemed like a lot of the information was not organized in any way. Maybe it was Ford's "I don't give a crap about the Panther Platform anymore attitude", as you have mentioned. It seems like they (Marti) tries to do a good job with what they have, and I can't fault them for that. It is nice to have the details that they were able to provide, because it was something I didn't have before. Personally, does it add any value to the car ? No because it is a Crown Vic. They just aren't that plentiful in my parts regardless of the trim level, and most people just look down their noses at me. Oh well, I'm driving what I like, to me it is a relatively rare specimen, and I try to keep it as nice as the day she was new. I have actually been turned away from car shows with the excuse that they didn't have a class for me. Their loss.
If I can find a gathering of all Ford Powered vehicles, I will go to that because at least there are usually a few people there who know and appreciate what I have. I went to one such gathering this year in October since the weather was cooperative (it was a 120 mile round trip for me). There was probably about 150-175 cars there. At one point in the day, I had more people looking at the Sport than a new GT-350 that was parked ten or so cars away from me. One person asked if they could take pictures of the inside and even crawled under and took pictures of the underside. That was my feel good moment for the year. It is amazing though, the general hatred for these cars that exists out there. That is the main reason I go to relatively few events during the summer. I just get tired of the smart remarks and the assholes out there. If I don't have something nice to say about someone's car, I don't say anything. Too bad others don't follow that same protocol.
Sorry for the rant, but just had to chime in.
[Image: jK1mMF3.jpg]
2001 Crown Vic LX Sport (Stock other than maint. items).
49,XXX miles, Toreador Red W/Medium Parchment Interior
1 of 54 Sports in Toreador Red, owned from new and never in the snow.

2000 Crown Vic P73 (The Green Machine) 1-option car (HPP Package) 127,XXX miles
Amazon Green W/Medium Parchment cloth. Minor upgrades to include: Electro chromic mirror retrofit, P-71 Honeycomb Grille, period correct Ford AM/FM single CD unit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit.
[+] 2 users Like Peachpicker's post
12-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Well said brother !!
[+] 1 user Likes 04 Panther's post
12-07-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm starting to see more and more panthers on the road with wheel upgrades and exhaust. I don't think that this platform will die off in the used car market anytime soon as far as people working these cars and seeing their potential. There is enough information out there after all of these years to keep people maintaining and upgrading for years to come. At most I see some people sell and switch it up because they got bored and but then there are twice the number getting into a panther for the first time.
Then there are the die hards who will ALWAYS have at least one panther in their household.
It's just my opinion but that's just the way I see it.
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
[+] 3 users Like BigVin's post