Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My Cars and their stories
05-10-2015, 07:37 PM
My Cars and their stories
Hey everyone. Ill start posting here little by little as I did quite a bit to Panthers over the years but documented it on the other site hint hint .net

There was my 90 TC. I have a pic somewhere of my first panther an 86 GM, but I have to look for that. I got the 90 TC from a dealer and still have the pic that was posted online (back when online meant that big pictures were 300x300 lol)

Then there was the 99 LX, my first car while I was in the Air Force. Got it for way too much and horrible interest. It was the reason for this

He was brand spanking new back then. No Sunroof, no adjustable pedals and no traction control. Im betting that if not 1 of 1 its really close.

Anyway. Ive had that car for over 10 years now...and well, Ill post in the next one the more recent unpleasant events
2004 Crown Vic LX Sport (currently with a booboo and totaled)
1972 Lincoln Continental 1 of 1
1973 Lincoln Continental Saved from the crusher
2014 Chevy Camaro
2007 Crown Vic P71 SAP (officially gone, but its parts still clutter my place)
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: My Cars and their stories
Nice tc and like the black Vic allot

Sent while thinking of new mods for my 96 TC, using Tapatalk.
05-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Yeah nice sport...I voted you definitely keep her.

The LTC ...not a common color you had as far as ones I see on the road... i like it. I just picked up a 97' in the more popular FZ red... gave it to my son and he loves it.
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
05-10-2015, 10:06 PM
NO! hes a boy hehe...and yes, Im keeping the guy. Hes been like that good buddy thats been there through a lot of crazy stories. I even cought a pedophile with that car, and took some battle damange on the passenger side bumper cover thats now ruined...

I will cut up that piece and put it on my wall, its a great story to tell...

Saw this black 98 Camaro and recognized the plate from an old bolo, called the Missouri State Troopers and we got em! but not after he drove on the median and kicked up a giant rick that slammed by bumper and destroyed my front rim. Oh well, I dont regret it

And oops, I just saw I posted pics in the wrong place...so I need to remedy that. Next post
2014 Chevy Camaro
05-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Great looking set of Panthers you have there.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
05-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes...Im looking at the vote and its a cool feature...even if Ill end up doing whatever anyways hehe

So here are some more pics..and brace yourself, theres some carnage involved...

So a 95 year old decides that while shes parked on the shoulder of the highway, its a good idea to just pull out into the left lane. I couldnt go right because there was a truck there, but there was a left shoulder...but...

Thats when my steering locked up bad. I was going to the dealership to yell at them to cover me under the recall. Yes, my 04 is not 05-11 that the recall states, but in 2010 they swapped my entire steering column, both pieces to a 2010 part number. I have the receipts from the dealer, but "no, your VIN doesnt qualify"

So Ford lost its common sense. The same exact part that they worried about might still bring them a lawsuit, because I got hurt pretty bad. Its what happens when an airbag goes off while you try to turn a wheel, but it doesnt, and your hand slips and the airbag hits your elbow and sends your head twisting sideways into the B pillar...

Also, those manifolds are from 2010 October and thats what happened to them. This was a daily driver, so how can they rust so bad. Ive seen them rust on cars that are driver scarcely but on a DD? Seriously? What was Ford making them out of, Rustesium???

But enough about my anger...(Its why I got a Camaro and not a Mustang). I still love Panthers. A good product overall.

Here is the donor Car. An Essex County Prosecutors Office car, that I know personally, and even drove it once (I was in LE)

Looks good huh...but the poor fella had a lil booboo

So back to mine again, after I took off a few bits. The good news that even the radiator isnt busted. He starts up (yes, hes a boy, its just his personality) I even drove him around the block, then had him run for maybe 5 hours, without any issues other than the airbag light being on.

Here is where I pulled the airbag. It might help others here to see how it disconnects. There are two covers that you gently pry out with a flathead (as flat as possible) and then I think 8mm nuts that hold the airbag in. (Small metric if Im off, but nothing crazy like those pesky 5.5 nuts on the gas cap door!)

The last pic has arrows to show how to remove those connectors. BE ADVISED. If you do this or mess with any airbag connectors and related sensors etc you WILL deploy them unless the battery has been removed. Let it sit because there are capacitors that hold a charge. Some say 5 minutes, others 30, but my car was sitting out for a few days without a battery, so be on the safe side...

Anyway, the RED arrows mean you squeeze those, while pulling up along the GREEN

So thats all Im posting for tonight. More to come in my trip to becoming the Panther Tamer lol...Seriously I learned a LOT about these cars
2014 Chevy Camaro
05-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Well looks like you got a decent donor car and must have been for cheap judging by the rearend hit it took.... were the air bags toast in the donor too or salvagable?
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
05-10-2015, 11:38 PM
A lot of work but well worth it.
05-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Nope, the airbags were good, In fact the donor car didnt have any CEL or MEL or any codes for that matter. The car drove pretty nice considering the quarters were mashed against the rear tires but even those survived and didnt go flat. I still have the wheels and theyre in pretty darn good condition.

The first thing I actually did. I took of the rear fascia (its cracked up so no good) but I did make a night light out of it, that burned the transformer after about an hour or two so bad to the ol' drawing board on that idea...

So heres a helpful hint on the 05 and up airbags that are a real PITA. So look at the little bar in the first picture, along the dotted red line.

That needs to be pushed with an allen wrench or something thin enough but with a stubby enough nose to actually push along the green line. You can see the rod moved inward from the dashed red line

It seems so long ago since I did all this, taking parts off, planning to sell some stuff keeping others for mine and just hoarding other things that I "might" use lol

I almost had a buyer for the gauge cluster but he vanished...

Airbags are in good shape. As far as I know, the passenger side ones are the same part number, and color? I havent held them side by side to see. If they dont match then I guess Ill sell it Undecided

Welcome to my bedroom ladies?

Dont trip on your way to the bathroom

How about some cuddling on the couch wathcing a movie?

As you can see, I am every so slightly nuts, but I love it. I dont have the space to keep things neat for now, although everything is tagged. Every nut and bolt is in ziplock baggies with tags and diagrams of what it came from. Most of the hardware of the 07 was rust free so that means I get original Ford replacements for my Sport woohoo

So here are some pics of the interior. The donor car didnt come with a back seat
And yes, those are the inner fenders from the donor. Good parts. On the Sport theyre still good, but just in case, Im keeping 'em!

Dashboard removed. It took me a while to figure out how to remove the metal frame, but eventually I got that out too

The seats have the usual tear at the joint, but I think Im going to salvage the bladder from the lumbar support since mine has that, and im sure in 20 years thats going to be a hard to find part, since its rubber, and you know, it does go bad.

Yes, I got this car the day after Christmas, and all winter I was picking away at it like some arctic vulture

More to come!
Al
2014 Chevy Camaro
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2015 07:53 PM by BigVin.)
^^^ yep....you're single lmfao Pound

If I packed any of that shit on my couch I'd be sleeping in my car tonight...with the parts. Tongue
86' Coupe "DaBox"
[+] 2 users Like BigVin's post