Current time: 09-25-2017, 02:57 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Add Comment

Garage
Garage Home
Vehicle Details

Search Comments

Overview Images Modification Details

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Overview (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 01:22 AM by Tjab1994.)
Owner : Tjab1994
Data Added : 05-01-2017 - 12:20 AM
Views : 161
Year : 2005
Color :
Engine : stock 4.6 V8
Transmission : 4R70W (with mild J-Mod shift kit)
Mercury Grand Marquis GS
This is my first car that didn't require a thousand dollars in repairs within a year of getting it. Granted it still needed a few repairs, but nothing major. Considering cars I've had before, this is literally the best car I've ever had so far (Craigslist didnt like me lol)

Anyway the car has been a well maintained Grand Marquis even before I got it, and the only things that needed repair was the shift linkage (needed tightened before I bought it) and the throttle body completely gave out on me a few months after I bought the car. Other than that, I bought the car because I was tired of owning junk and this is probably the best car I could have chosen. And the mods are very subtle but it's all about the overall package

what has been done: replaced the zip tube with a police version (it doesn't have the baffles), replaced the air filter with a K&N filter (for both better air flow and longevity), I'm in the process of converting my lights to LED (currently replaced the headlights, third brake light, licence plate light, reverse lights, the interior dome light/map lights and floor lights, and the climate control lighting. Yet to upgrade the instrument cluster lights and I'm debating whether I should convert the tail lights and front turn signals), did the J-Mod shift kit for my transmission, and replaced the chrome hubcaps with Mercury Mountaineer center caps (I was tired of the hubcaps making so much noise, so at the cost of looking like a detective I went with the steelie look)

plans: replacing the seats with leather seats (front bucket seats and a Town Car center console), upgrading the exhaust from a stock single outlet to a Borla catback dual exhaust, upgrading the airbox to a P71 version (and getting a tune to go with it), changing the stock 2.73 rear end to a limited-slip 3.27, at least upgrading the instrument cluster lighting to LED (debating on the rest of the exterior lights), getting better wheels (both 17" steelies for winter and I have 18" Mustang GT wheels that need tires I can use for summer), upgrading the intake manifold to an all aluminum one, somehow converting the steel driveshaft to an aluminum P71 one, upgrading the suspension struts, installing a rear anti-sway bar, and other various things to improve the durability of the car if I find anything (maybe replacing some engine hoses with silicone hoses)

Other than that, I'm just trying to make my car the perfect Grand Marquis and a nice daily driver for me. I'd love to give the car 400hp, but for my first decent car what I have planned is a very nice start. Maybe for a future project I can opt for more power (perhaps get a P71 and make it perform how a cop car should. I know I wanna get a 1990 Grand Marquis and do something similar)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Images
Image 2
Image 2
Image 2
Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Modifications
Modification 1
Modification 1
Modification 1
Modification 1
Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Details
Data Added : 05-01-2017 - 12:20 AM
Views : 161
Year : 2005
Color :
Engine : stock 4.6 V8
Transmission : 4R70W (with mild J-Mod shift kit)

Comments
05-01-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Looks good, keep us posted on the progress of making it yours!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 156K, Otherwise Stock
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Westbrook's post
05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Welcome! The rear swaybar makes a big difference IMO
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshenerâ„¢

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes donzelwshngton's post
Add Comment