Current time: 02-23-2018, 08:08 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LIGHTS
02-04-2018, 10:38 AM
LIGHTS
Ok so I went out and bought a new vic and this car gave me an idea. It has one of the 2 mirror lights(or beams) as whelm calls them. They would strobe blue and red if they worked but I had the idea to replace them with bright LED lights. Like having fog lights on the mirrors they would blend in seamlessly with the car. Also, i would like to have rear window lights that blink amber with the blinkers. To be honest I have no idea where to get these type of lights.

The mirror beams I think come as 2 spice set up, shell and lights but I don't know untell I pick up the car next week. I don't want strobe I want the mirror beams to come on and off and the rear amber lights to blink with the blinker. I would love to hear your guys suggestions.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 11:39 AM
RE: LIGHTS
For the mirror lights, you could make them turn signals...otherwise don't do anything.
The lights that go across the back window are available on ebay and craigslist usually, but just make sure they are amber and hooked up right.
I have seen plenty of stories of people putting all this stuff on and getting stopped often just to get checked out, cops don't like seeing all these lights on your car even if they aren't hooked up.
New traffic advisor
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
02-05-2018, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 12:26 PM by Kearney36950.)
RE: LIGHTS
OK so assuming that the 1 remaining mirror cap is a Whelen Mirror Beam Cap. I will still need to find a LED light that will fit it. And good call on the idea for blinkers on the mirrors, that didn't dawn on me. These might be something more of a budget...The car comes with lights not hooked up the rear window, I'm not sure if I can convert them to amber if they're not already. After I figure that out I'm going to have to find a way to wire them up. Can I just splice into the existing blinker lines? I didn't think of craigslist I'll look on there thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32LED-Amber-Car...Bb&vxp=mtr