Current time: 01-19-2018, 09:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ice!
Yesterday, 11:55 AM
RE: Ice!
(Yesterday 11:30 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

(01-17-2018 06:37 PM)04 Panther Wrote:

Never heard a good word on an RSA but never had one on a car either .

Well like I said in another thread, the only reason I still have them is that they were practically new when I picked the car up. Still haven't gotten them switched. Need to get that done.

I had no heartburn with the RSA's that came on my 2011 in the dry, decent grip and not a bad ride. But pathetic wet road performance and they were as bald as Yul Brenner by the time I hit 20K miles. I certainly wouldn't buy them for my car but I had a fun time burning them off in the first two years I owned the car. Luckily those two winters were mild here with no big snow/ice events as I suspect they would have been marginal at best considering their wet weather performance.
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like msena's post
Yesterday, 12:00 PM
RE: Ice!
(Yesterday 11:55 AM)msena Wrote:

(Yesterday 11:30 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

(01-17-2018 06:37 PM)04 Panther Wrote:

Never heard a good word on an RSA but never had one on a car either .

Well like I said in another thread, the only reason I still have them is that they were practically new when I picked the car up. Still haven't gotten them switched. Need to get that done.

I had no heartburn with the RSA's that came on my 2011 in the dry, decent grip and not a bad ride. But pathetic wet road performance and they were as bald as Yul Brenner by the time I hit 20K miles. I certainly wouldn't buy them for my car but I had a fun time burning them off in the first two years I owned the car. Luckily those two winters were mild here with no big snow/ice events as I suspect they would have been marginal at best considering their wet weather performance.

Yeah it definitely feels like that scene from Dancing when there's slight moisture on the road xD I've put around 10k on them since picking Frank up and they are definitely showing wear so I'd believe the 20k, especially since 4 miles of that every day is gravel at more than moderate speeds and throttle input....
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply