Current time: 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ice!
01-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Ice!
Had some on the road yesterday morning coming in. Was a patch that went all the way across all 5 lanes. In the middle of a curve. Luckily I pull out onto the highway in the middle of that curve, otherwise this would probably be a demise of Frank post. Rolled through it and, with the TC on, bounced the limiter. Guess it's time to swap the Pumas on, RSAs officially blow.
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FranktheVic's post
01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Ice!
(01-09-2018 10:44 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

Had some on the road yesterday morning coming in. Was a patch that went all the way across all 5 lanes. In the middle of a curve. Luckily I pull out onto the highway in the middle of that curve, otherwise this would probably be a demise of Frank post. Rolled through it and, with the TC on, bounced the limiter. Guess it's time to swap the Pumas on, RSAs officially blow.
I changed my Rsa tires right away. I hated those tires. They would grab every crack, bump, rock piece of dirt. It was like driving a pinball machine

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
[+] 1 user Likes tobiasg1995's post
01-09-2018, 04:15 PM
(01-09-2018 03:15 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

(01-09-2018 10:44 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

I changed my Rsa tires right away. I hated those tires. They would grab every crack, bump, rock piece of dirt. It was like driving a pinball machine

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis

I hate em too but they were practically new when I got the car. Still had the mold vent spews even. I've actually ran across the opposite; they don't grab anything but perfectly dry pavement and everything else is an ice rink with moderate acceleration. So yeah, I'll probably be swapping Saturday unless something comes up. Need to get my oil changed as well....
[+] 1 user Likes FranktheVic's post
01-10-2018, 04:26 PM
I have been pretty much surprised with the traction I have received from these Hercules Avalanche tires     .I was running about 40 mph on snow/ice covered road and a deer came out of some tall shrubs along the road .
Never even got into the abs ,and was really surprised how hard the nose of the car dipped .They reside on my 06 Grand Marquis     throughout the winter but I think one summer on dry road and the tread would be gone .These tires were designed for "The Canadian Winters"
[+] 1 user Likes 04 Panther's post
01-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Haha, nice! Yeah our "winter" weather mostly consists of cold and maybe 3" of snow one time on average. We get better amounts once in a while but not usually.
01-16-2018, 05:31 PM
(01-11-2018 11:58 AM)FranktheVic Wrote:

Haha, nice! Yeah our "winter" weather mostly consists of cold and maybe 3" of snow one time on average. We get better amounts once in a while but not usually.
On Monday in NW Ohio we had about 1/2 inch of ice over snow covered roads and about 4 inches of of ice/snow mix on top of that .First time I had trouble with my Marquis , Not a lot of trouble other than tires slipping enough @ 45 mph to trip traction control and the majority of the time it started searching in & out of OD so off OD went and life was grand again !
01-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Wow. Yeah I dunno, I think my rotors might need to be changed as well. TC seems a little fidgety to me. Then again I'm coming from driving a '99 F150 without TC for 10 years, an '04 Exploder with flawless TC, and a '14 Tucson that I've only gotten TC to activate once on in 4 years. I didn't think there was that much ice but them RSAs lit smooth up like they were bald as could be.
01-17-2018, 06:37 PM
Never heard a good word on an RSA but never had one on a car either .
01-17-2018, 10:15 PM
2-3 inches of freshly fallen snow on the roads for the drive into work today, hard packed for the ride home. Can't tell you how the Vic handled in it, drove the Land Rover instead. Smow
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes msena's post
01-18-2018, 11:30 AM
(01-17-2018 06:37 PM)04 Panther Wrote:

Never heard a good word on an RSA but never had one on a car either .

Well like I said in another thread, the only reason I still have them is that they were practically new when I picked the car up. Still haven't gotten them switched. Need to get that done.