Current time: 12-17-2017, 11:45 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home security systems
12-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Home security systems
Does anyone have experience or recommend a home security system? The wife and I have been looking into them for some time now. I don't want to sign a contract that's not going to happen.
We just found out my aunt and uncle were victims of a home invasion while they were home. They were unharmed thankfully, but it brought the discussion back up with my wife. There are several options out there it's kind of overwhelming. Just wanting opinions from others.

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: Home security systems
A pitbull would be cheaper
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
[+] 3 users Like BigVin's post
12-05-2017, 09:21 PM
i've heard good things about these systems from friends but i dont have one myself

https://simplisafe.com/
12-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Here's what I use.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 6 users Like msena's post
12-05-2017, 11:57 PM
^^^^^ What Msena said.^^^^^^

12-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Most crimes are crimes of opportunity...I keep my house and things all locked up and have had good luck so far. Beyond that, I say here's another vote for a big dog...my bro has a massive dog and it scared away home invaders right after he moved into a rough neighborhood. Two clowns came in through the front door...they saw Brodie who got up and started raising hell...in that moment they had a change of heart, turned around and left. Haven't had a trouble since! Only thing is that a dog may not care much about protecting your stuff if you're not around and you get robbed. Myself? I put up a 24x7 camera system, hardened it against tampering and have a doberman + a shotgun that I sleep near. An ADT sign from ebay costs 20 bucks or so and gives you most of the benefit right there!
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshener™

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 2 users Like donzelwshngton's post
12-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Home security systems
We have our 2 boxers and the 2nd amendment covered . Mainly we are looking for something while we are not home. I mainly want video surveillance, but the wife wants video and security. I'll keep researching, I may contact the security company that does the work for our stores and get their opinion. With the heroin trade getting worse around here, there has been more and more crime in our area.

Not your grandpas Grand Marquis
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
12-06-2017, 08:41 AM
I live in a high crime area too.............yep the coons steal the cat food every night .
Coyotes steal the cats tho .My trigger finger has PTSD Banana-santa

[+] 1 user Likes 04 Panther's post
12-06-2017, 11:19 AM
I bought myself a new shotgun last winter and keep it locked up and hidden in a secured area. Granted, my neighborhood is pretty safe and some of the neighbors who are either retired or don’t work keep their eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary (since they have nothing else better to do), but if anyone dares to hit my place, or we have another riot in the city like we did 25 years ago, I’m ready.

+1 on a big dog or surveillance system, they can help for when you’re away from home.
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
[+] 3 users Like Westbrook's post