Current time: 02-23-2018, 08:12 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headlights problem
01-21-2018, 01:48 AM
Headlights problem
Goodnight:
   I have a problem with the lights of my Marquis, Maybe someone can help me to find the problem.

Today I changed the 4 headlights, with new connectors, but the problem continues.
    I turn on the low lights and it lasts 30 seconds, the light goes off, it turns on again and after 35 seconds it turns off.
    It does exactly the same with the high lights, only when turning on the high lights the low lights turn off.

It will be a problem in the headlights switch? or could be some other component of electrical system, I saw a post related to the headligth switch and what I see is something complicated to replace it.

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Headlights problem
Are you sure it's pinned correctly?
Not sure if that would cause your problem, but it might be worth checking.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
01-23-2018, 11:53 AM
RE: Headlights problem
(01-22-2018 01:16 PM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

Are you sure it's pinned correctly?
Not sure if that would cause your problem, but it might be worth checking.

Would this year have an LCM that might be going bad? Would an LCM going bad exhibit this kind of symptom?
Mocha — 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, Kona Bronze, Stock
Whitey the Beater — 1999 F-150 Lariat, 5.4 V8, Retired with 242,000 miles
01-23-2018, 12:00 PM
Headlights problem
No LCM.
I had a problem when I first put in my H4 headlights, the H4 bulb is pinned different from our sealed beam headlights.

2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 2 users Like BlackVic_P71's post
01-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Headlights problem
[Image: 4656-H4Conversion_1.jpg]

2005 CV Sport

[+] 2 users Like BlackVic_P71's post
01-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Headlights problem
Yesterday I check the headlights swtich, the connector was loose and burned.

The swtich and the connector was ordered, tomorrow I will have it to install and check again.        

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L23 mediante Tapatalk
[+] 3 users Like rodo77's post
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Yes, that was the other thing to check...those connectors will do that after 20 years.
I replaced my switch when I thought it was my problem, it wasn't but I have the connector and the switch for when it does go bad.
2005 CV Sport

02-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Headlights problem
I change the headlights switch this week, it works fine, but I noticed something that I don't know if it's normal.

- When the low beam are selected, the high beam lights bright a little bit (it can be seen on the photos)
- When I start the engine, the low beam always are energized, I mean, the lights are on, even if the selector are in off position.

When I change the electric connector of the swtich I do it carefully wire by wire.

It's normal that the lights are on when I start the engine?

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L23 mediante Tapatalk
02-04-2018, 12:02 PM
(02-04-2018 01:53 AM)rodo77 Wrote:

I change the headlights switch this week, it works fine, but I noticed something that I don't know if it's normal.
- When the low beam are selected, the high beam lights bright a little bit (it can be seen on the photos)
It's normal that the lights are on when I start the engine?
The lights are wired incorrectly. I had the issue of the highs being lit a little when the headlights were on when I changed to H4 lights, the plug fits but is plugged different.

2005 CV Sport