Current time: 01-20-2018, 08:58 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google classroom?
01-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Google classroom?
Are there any parents here with kids in school that use "Google classroom"?
My nephew's school uses it and apparently he's been falling behind for some time and nobody has said much to my sister until today when she got a call that stated he's failing one class.
After just a quick look, it seems as though a parent just has to be added in as a guardian by the teacher and they will get alerts regarding assignments due and missed. I am just trying to see now if the school has truly dropped the ball and was not setting things up right, or if it's my sister who didn't get the updates to be notified. I know she's not as tech savvy as you'd expect of someone in our age group, but it looks incredibly easy, and I need to see if I can help her.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2018, 01:21 PM
RE: Google classroom?
(01-11-2018 07:05 PM)BlackVic_P71 Wrote:

Are there any parents here with kids in school that use "Google classroom"?
My nephew's school uses it and apparently he's been falling behind for some time and nobody has said much to my sister until today when she got a call that stated he's failing one class.
After just a quick look, it seems as though a parent just has to be added in as a guardian by the teacher and they will get alerts regarding assignments due and missed. I am just trying to see now if the school has truly dropped the ball and was not setting things up right, or if it's my sister who didn't get the updates to be notified. I know she's not as tech savvy as you'd expect of someone in our age group, but it looks incredibly easy, and I need to see if I can help her.
I can't tell you the answer ,But I would encourage you to help your nephew . My sister has a boy that just doesn't care .My brothers and I have done everything to help ,all in vain but not because we didn't try .Good Luck !
01-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Google classroom?
It's not that nobody is trying to help, just that the new technology is bullshit if the teachers aren't using it correctly...like if they wait until a student is failing and behind on multiple assignments before alerting parents.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 2 users Like BlackVic_P71's post
01-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Man it's gotta be a lot harder to goof off and fail in school these days. I remember just intercepting the mail when my grades were bad or working up a false report card till I could try and correct things. Boy I got a whooping for those stunts!
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshener™

~75k miles

[+] 1 user Likes donzelwshngton's post
01-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Google classroom?
Yeah, just had to erase the message when I got home after school....of course when I got suspended and the police were involved...it was a problem.
But with the way they are apparently just letting him fail is bugging me.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
2005 CV Sport

01-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Hah yeah the brushes with the police are harder to cover up when they make you get a ride from a parent to go home and serve your suspension. I never understood why removing a kid from school is the answer to them having trouble in school.

Hopefully this teaches your nephew the important lesson that he alone is responsible for that failure. It's tough that kids that age are making decisions for the adults they'll be come...at least there's always the community college system for the ones that just didn't apply themselves.
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshener™

~75k miles

01-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Google classroom?
Both my girls used it last year. Was a pain in the ars , it is however up to the teacher and parent to set it up for all to be aware.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-13-2018, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 10:53 AM by Westbrook.)
I had a similar platform called Parent Connect when I started high school 10 years ago. Anything from assignments to tests, projects, and grades were easily accessible to our parents via a simple login. This made it next to impossible to screw around and not get caught. So whenever I stepped out of line, circumstances at home became volatile to say the least. But even if my parents didn’t have the login info, it still didn’t prevent the grades from being mailed out.
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 160K, Otherwise Stock