Current time: 01-19-2018, 09:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting another Panther
01-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Getting another Panther
Over the summer my cousin told me of a friend that had a Black Crown Vic he might sell, catch is I live in Michigan he lives in Massachusetts. Not a big deal I go there to see him every summer. So I go and he takes me to see the Black Vic and its an 03 LX Sport needs some love but it only has 130 on the clock and has been parked for two years. The owner was on vacation and wasn't to return until after I left so my cousin was in charge of getting a price. Two weeks later car was looked at started right up and was parked because windows wouldn't work(owners mechanic said wiring issue) He parked it bought a new car. He tells my cousin take it for a grand. He put tires on it for me and fixed the wiring issue a new window switch lol. So for 1600 I got and LX Sport going out there it get it probably Feb. or Mar. Paint needs love and he has been driving it a bit and says its a great car I can't wait, will now have 2 Panthers
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like CharlieK's post
01-09-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Getting another Panther
It's nice when someone parks a car rather than sell it to the lowest bidder or scrapyard.
See if the timing chains have been done and the rear axles replaced, both were weak points on that year.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 3 users Like BlackVic_P71's post
01-09-2018, 11:39 PM
Sounds like you picked up a nice car with good potential for a great price, can't beat a combination like that!
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes msena's post
01-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Bet the timing chains and axles haven't been done so I will have that checked when I get it home want to go with a trac loc and some nice gears for it
01-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Sounds like you done good on that deal.
2007 P71