Current time: 11-18-2017, 11:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Add Comment

Garage
Garage Home
Vehicle Details

Search Comments

Overview Images Modification Details

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Overview (This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 04:51 PM by kchurch86.)
Owner : kchurch86
Data Added : 02-28-2017 - 04:46 PM
Views : 496
Year : 2009
Color : Black
Engine : 4.6L V8
Transmission : 4AOD
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Here's where I'll be documenting my newly acquired 2009 CVPI. I've never owned one before, the closest thing to this car that I've owned was an '89 Caprice.

That being said, I'm not too familiar with these cars specifically, but somewhat familiar with cars in general (read: I'm a gearhead). I've wanted one of these for years and years and years...I blame watching the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" music video on MTV as a kid every time it came on...so I'm very excited to finally have my own!

The car came from a retired police chief who buys and flips the cars as a hobby. It came up for sale on the local Craigslist so I recruited a buddy of mine (who has a friend who does the same thing) and we went and checked it out. It wasn't quite as perfect as the photos made it look, but it drove great and was still very clean and straight. I picked it up a few days later. I can deal with the slight cosmetic imperfections, what matters is how mechanically sound the car seems to be.

There's a big booger on the roof from the light bar, I'd like to clean this up a bit and find a cleaner way to plug the hole.

[Image: 1400f0a4ebfd676ff52b46a845c151c4.jpg]

The header panel has this weird imperfection, I'm not too concerned about it.

[Image: 16f20e9b7ac04c7b5d023bb77deba137.jpg]

The front bumper cover has a crack and dent low down on the passenger side, somewhere down the road I'd like to replace it, but it'll do as-is for now.

[Image: 95c0a671ddeea67f815e6547418367ee.jpg]

The first thing I did when I got it home was to pull the laptop mount/desk unit. I think I'll be keeping the center console, but I'd like to install or build a covered storage compartment for it. I mounted my Maglite and cell phone cradle on the transmission tunnel where the laptop mount was.

[Image: 2e31611e769af6682cec47ce61d06d99.jpg]

Next I got to work on pulling some of the electronics from the trunk...laptop power inverter, strobe light power/control unit, various other electro doodads I have no need for or interest in. I grabbed my voltmeter and found that many of the wires were hot. Ideally, I'd like to trace them all back to the start and remove them, but that's not quite an option right now.

This is my DD, and as a husband, homeowner, full-time third shift employee, father of a young son...you get the picture. "Unnecessary" projects like removing all accessory wiring will have to wait.

What I DID have time for, however, was utilizing that great sliding tray in the trunk that all of the electronics were mounted to. I used to carry a ton of gear in the back of my Xterra. 3 ammo tins (2 of them big mortar boxes), a tool box, small tool kit, other odds and ends. A lot of that gear was for off-road wheeling adventures, and therefore wouldn't be needed in the Vic. I knew I wanted to carry my air compressor and tire repair kit, small tool kit, first aid, roadside worklight and roadside safety kit, jumper cables, and electrical repair kit; so I mounted them to the sliding drawer. Now they're out of the way when I might need to use the rest of the trunk space, but easily accessible if/when I do need them.

[Image: bd0d076392492d60adec9ce961849a64.jpg]

[Image: f1eb8f6a043646cb59b21c2ddd295820.jpg]

Overall the car is pretty clean, very solid and straight, and has been a blast to drive so far...talk about street presence!

[Image: 031e7e356a17c9df12a6d83d349dd059.jpg]

[Image: 15004c2779559725e6afafc256319bcc.jpg]

[Image: eee59107e5290514bf1958c424f18f2d.jpg]

A little dirty, but not too bad really. Newer intake manifold and new alternator, too.

[Image: c7747c45364591d8bda166543b90ed4a.jpg]

After taking that engine pic, I discovered my next order of business. Time for a serpentine belt. Yikes!

[Image: ad905d5306e0734cacbaa3477afe3c73.jpg]

(Yes, that's a hole.)

So that's it for now. Thanks for looking and please, feel free to offer any suggestions or insight on anything you see here - like I said, I'm new to these cars and eager to learn all that I can about them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Images
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Modifications
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Details
Data Added : 02-28-2017 - 04:46 PM
Views : 496
Year : 2009
Color : Black
Engine : 4.6L V8
Transmission : 4AOD

Comments
02-28-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Sharp!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2017, 08:35 PM
I like the slide rack. When you change the belt, change the tensioner and idler also.

There is no off position on my genius switch.
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
02-28-2017, 11:08 PM
Looks like you are off to a fast start. That skidding equipment shelf looks like it can be a great asset, have you had any issues with the objects staying put or are they pretty secure on there?
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
03-01-2017, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 02:14 AM by kchurch86.)
(02-28-2017 07:42 PM)Westbrook Wrote:

Sharp!
Thanks!
(02-28-2017 08:35 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

I like the slide rack. When you change the belt, change the tensioner and idler also.

Thanks for the advice! Off to RockAuto I go...
(02-28-2017 11:08 PM)msena Wrote:

Looks like you are off to a fast start. That skidding equipment shelf looks like it can be a great asset, have you had any issues with the objects staying put or are they pretty secure on there?
Yeah, I didn't want to waste any time making it mine, haha.

So far everything has stayed put just fine, even with some "spirited driving" since the install. The ammo box rests inside of a bracket that was already installed on the rack, it originally held down one of the electronic components. I added two small pieces of aluminum angle to the other 2 edges.

The other things on the shelf are held in place with Rip-Tie velcro straps I picked up from McMaster Carr, they've got a grometed hole in them so they can be bolted down. The tray had a couple holes and slots cut into it so it was a pretty quick process.

Next order of business, other than the belt, is figuring out why the horn doesn't work.

At least I know this car will keep me busy, haha

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes kchurch86's post
03-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Got home from work this morning and started messing around with the horn, didn't dig too deep into it but did at least verify that the horns DO work. The connector wasn't plugged into the horns, so it seems like the factory horns were disabled somehow. Then I removed the Dynamax ms100 siren speaker...considered touching it off to the battery real quick but decided against it. I've got some reading to do on how to test the relay, etc. for the horn.

I discovered why my airbag light has been on and fixed that, the sensors up front behind the grille had been unplugged.

Ordered a new belt, tensioner, idler, Haynes manual, and some orange 194 bulbs. Last night I discovered that the front right corner marker is orange, but the front left is white...I can't have that, haha.

03-03-2017, 05:35 AM
Good looking Vic.
2007 P71
03-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum. I too am in your boat with getting my first panther, always wanted one as well. I look forward to watching your progress

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
86 Caprice coupe -Sold
01 Cavalier turbo-pushrod motor 261whp 306 wtq-Traded for dakota w/no motor
04 Cavalier Supercharged 249whp/227wtq -SOLD
95 Dakota cam'd bolt on's 360 swapped locker/Caltracs
06 p71 Mo's Speed Shop tune, ss braided brake lines so far....
03-04-2017, 09:52 AM
(03-03-2017 05:35 AM)fairlane Wrote:

Good looking Vic.
Thank you!
(03-03-2017 05:44 PM)pushrods Wrote:

Welcome to the forum. I too am in your boat with getting my first panther, always wanted one as well. I look forward to watching your progress

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thanks, and welcome to you, too. Maybe we can learn something from one another along the way.

03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
(02-28-2017 08:35 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

Big thank you for mentioning the idler pulley and tensioner. The idler seemed ok, but the tensioner was totally frozen. When I released the tension on it and pulled the old belt out, the tensioner didn't move back into the taught position at all - yikes!

03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
nice work!
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshenerâ„¢

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Add Comment