Current time: 11-22-2017, 07:05 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First time MGM Owner... dream come true!
08-07-2017, 09:18 PM
First time MGM Owner... dream come true!
Howdy everyone,

Great forum, getting acclimated by reading some of the threads, and thought I would make my first post.

I bought my '03 MGM LS Ultimate Edition on June 15, 2017. My dad frequently had these as rentals back in the day, and I've been wanting one since. I named her "Eleanor" - like Eleanor Rigby.

I bought mine for $4800 with 83k. Low mileage considering the year. The guy selling it was hesitant to sell, but had to because he was moving. I test drove a few before settling on this one.

Been driving it for about two months now, and I love it - driving it everyday is as exciting as it was the first time I drove it.

I don't know what my plans are as far as mods and aftermarket parts go... seems like these cars don't really *need* much. I am on the fence about a dual exhaust... for such a nice V8 engine, it's awfully quiet. A little start up growl would make things that much better.

I'll read some of the previous threads to get a better idea, but does anyone have any recommendations for dual exhaust brands? I hear MagnaFlow and Borla are good, but I would like to hear from long-time Panther owners.

Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition "Eleanor" --> My first (and current) car, completely stock.

Smilie_sonst_014 Paul is the WalrusSmilie_sonst_014
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elduderino's post
08-07-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: First time MGM Owner... dream come true!
Welcome!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 158K, Otherwise Stock
08-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard!

Best advice I can give is to hear the different brands in person. (if possible)
It's hard to describe "sound" especially over the interweb!
If you hear one driving down the street and you like it, ask them what brand it is!
Most people don't mind sharing their mod info!
[Image: gCmHvTg.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Sketch's post
08-08-2017, 02:35 AM
Welcome to the forum, great looking Merc!
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
08-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Welcome from ohio

It is what it is
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
08-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Welcome!
2003 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate
1989 F250 4WD XLT Lariat
2004 Monterey
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa
08-08-2017, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 04:12 PM by donzelwshngton.)
Welcome Dude! You are clearly not into the whole brevity thing judging by your name.

Dual H-pipe exhaust with louder mufflers is a nice mod, as is new swaybars. the MGM didn't come with a rear swaybar and adding that really helps handling/body roll. front/rear swaybars should be beefed up together so they don't create a dangerous condition where one axle is clamping down harder than the other.
------
2000 Crown Victoria LX - Performance Improved (PI) Head/Cam/Intake Swap, 3.55 Trac Lok, Addco Swaybars, J-Mod, Dual Flowmaster 40's w/ H Pipe, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bilstein HD shocks, Green Tree Air Freshenerâ„¢

~75k miles

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
08-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I had Magnaflows in a "custom" cat-back system on my '05 CVPI and it sounded good, I added headers in front of that and it sounded better.
I put headers and the SW cat-back with Borla mufflers and that was my favorite, I even went and put the same Borla mufflers on my wagon.
Exhaust is a pretty personal thing.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post
08-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Magnaflows do not have the drone that flowmasters do

It is what it is
2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI
[+] 2 users Like tobiasg1995's post
08-08-2017, 08:08 PM
(08-08-2017 06:47 PM)tobiasg1995 Wrote:

Magnaflows do not have the drone that flowmasters do
They're pretty tame at idle and just cruising, but when you get on it...they come alive. I think that's true with most similar mufflers.
Chambered mufflers(Flowmaster, SW chambered mufflers) tend to drone
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post