Current time: 09-20-2017, 09:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First 5.4 DOHC Swap
12-07-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: First 5.4 DOHC Swap
(12-07-2015 09:55 AM)massacre Wrote:

I just wanted it documented somewhere. Nothing to see here lol

I've seen the car and I know what was between the fenders, with the modified heater box and hydroboost.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2016, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 03:43 PM by massacre.)
I see that Serge is going forward with his 5.4 DOHC swap, the first "documented" swap supposedly.

What is undocumented about this? Can anyone tell me?

[Image: img0072es.jpg]
[Image: img2065dj.jpg]

LMFAO
It's funny how if you repeat a lie long enough it becomes "truth".

BTW anyone who doubts it is free to come to my garage and see the rest of my "undocumented" stuff that people think doesn't exist.
05-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Maybe someone can link this thread to other places around the net so the truth gets told.
[+] 1 user Likes massacre's post
05-29-2016, 04:15 PM
So how does hydroboost work as compared to what our cars came with stock? I think Bob (JustBob on the Marauder forum) used it when he built his TR6060, F1A Marauder.
[Image: image.php?u=19214&type=sigpic&da...1421108981]
2005 Mercury S55
K&N CAI
Black Widow Venom 250 mufflers
Pypes 2.5" stainless X-pipe
Rear cats cut
Magnaflow 22" x 4" tips
Addco front & rear sway bars
Cut Marauder Springs with KYB Shocks
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
3.55 gears, trac-lok, and 31 spline axles
Tuned by Lidio at Alternative Auto
LX Sport/Marauder hybrid interior
LEDs inside & out
05-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Hydro boost uses hydraulic (power steering pump) to assist brakes. Normally found on diesel and vehicles with low engine vacuum...

Sent from the Panther Farm
[Image: ctrits.jpg]
2007 P71 AZ BEIGE-current and probably the last for me, all the others have moved on.
https://www.facebook.com/tritschlerweldauto
tritschlermotorsports@live.com
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
06-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Sorry but this community needs a little info update on hydroboost brakes.

Every standard trans '96-'04 Mustang GT came with hydroboost brakes, as well as Cobras and Mach1 of the same years.
Not just diesel trucks and such. It was designed for diesels and low vacuum applications but also has been used in a lot of sports cars and race applications because the hydro booster builds more pressure than a vacuum booster can.

Also it does have an accumulator so if the car stalls, you have 3 full pumps of the pedal before the assist goes away.
You will NOT lose brakes if the car stalls. I can't tell you how many people have told me this much believed "fact" about my own braking system lmfao.
You will never "lose brakes" but you will eventually lose the assist. Then the car will still have brakes just not power brakes.

Also I was miles ahead of justbob and bluerauder and everyone else. My first post on MM.net in like 2005 or whatever was asking about hydroboost and every one of them made fun of me for even considering it. This is searchable too so I am not bullshitting anyone.

Maybe for some people a smaller vacuum booster would work, not me.
I know a couple of Mustang dudes who ran the hydroboost in the stock location with a 5.4 DOHC swap and it would fit, granted the engine went in from the bottom don't forget. And it was so tight you could barely get a piece of paper between the accumulator and the valve cover.
Maybe that's cool for some people who want to take half their car apart to change spark plugs but not me. I can take a cam cover off no problem. It's all about thinking ahead and good design and execution.
[+] 2 users Like massacre's post
06-04-2016, 09:22 AM
[Image: hydroboostzzProper.jpg]

Here is a decent schematic of how the lines are routed. My setup is similar but also has a reservoir and cooler. Instead of the P/S box in that pic, a late model Panther would have rack and pinion instead but everything else is the same.
[+] 1 user Likes massacre's post
06-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Hint:
Boss 290 intake is the worst choice for Panther platform. THE ABSOLUTE WORST