Current time: 01-20-2018, 08:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CVPI cracked wheels
12-27-2017, 03:46 PM
CVPI cracked wheels
Well, I had my first encounter with a recall on my 03 CVPI today. Took a tire in to be fixed as it was flat and was told the rim is cracked. I know there was a recall for this problem but because its not an "open recall", Ford wont take care of it. Has anyone else had this problem?
Im now waiting to see if the guy we bought the car from has an extra wheel so I can go to my post op appt in Phoenix tomorrow. Next year(2018) when we get our tax refund we are going wheel hunting to get rid of the steel rims and hubcaps.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: CVPI cracked wheels
As far as that recall went, it was only for inservice vehicles, wheels were to be inspected and replaced if need be.
You have the 7 hole wheels?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post
12-27-2017, 07:40 PM
(12-27-2017 03:46 PM)AZP71 Wrote:

Well, I had my first encounter with a recall on my 03 CVPI today. Took a tire in to be fixed as it was flat and was told the rim is cracked. I know there was a recall for this problem but because its not an "open recall", Ford wont take care of it. Has anyone else had this problem?
Im now waiting to see if the guy we bought the car from has an extra wheel so I can go to my post op appt in Phoenix tomorrow. Next year(2018) when we get our tax refund we are going wheel hunting to get rid of the steel rims and hubcaps.

I remember doing those recalls, dealership i was with had us replace every rim so it was not an accountability thing later. Bet you could get rims relatively low priced at a scrap yard.
amazon has steels for 65 bucks.
Kenny 491304- 1999 crown vic (back burner project) with 260,100 miles planning on it to be my drive to work/beater/race car mode/parts kick around car, Also have a nice 2002 crown vic 182,000 miles with 200 lb weight delete, & love it!
12-27-2017, 07:49 PM
CVPI cracked wheels
You can use any 2003+ CVPI wheel, 12 hole steelies replaced the 7 hole ones, the 17" 2006+ wheel is a direct fit

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post
01-05-2018, 06:33 PM
(12-27-2017 07:40 PM)ksurf_k Wrote:

(12-27-2017 03:46 PM)AZP71 Wrote:

I remember doing those recalls, dealership i was with had us replace every rim so it was not an accountability thing later. Bet you could get rims relatively low priced at a scrap yard.
amazon has steels for 65 bucks.

Have you heard of any isdues with the 12-18 hole steel wheels? I have the 7 hole now and those ate Ford's problem child