Current time: 09-23-2017, 01:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying my first crown victoria p71 anything I should know?
03-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Buying my first crown victoria p71 anything I should know?
I found a beautiful crown victoria 100 percent county maintained with new everything no leaks and newly inspected. It's $2750 with 144000 on it. What sort of things should I look or listen for When I go to look at it tomorrow?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: Buying my first crown victoria p71 anything I should know?
Check for any play in the steering wheel, pulsation in the wheel from braking, and any weird noises or anything out of the ordinary. Also pay attention to how it accelerates, decelerates, and shifts. Ask for maintenance records and ensure it was properly taken care of. Welcome to the forum, by the way!
[Image: fe571afe-5636-45d2-8f76-c7eb8d09192c_zpseqfjcbef.jpg]
2006 Light Ice Blue P71 - Jmod, Whelen PAR 46 LED Floodlight, Wig Wags, Strobe Lights, 155K, Otherwise Stock
03-15-2017, 03:14 AM
Welcome aboard!
2011 P7B CVPI
1994 Land Rover Defender90
1967 Triumph TR4A

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
03-15-2017, 05:10 AM
Welcome to PBB. Check the idle hours clock and every hour equals 33 miles. Check the transmission shifts smooth and no funky smelling trans fluid. With that kind of mileage I would want to see receipts or maintenance records on when or whether timing chain guides were done, water pump, trans rebuilt etc... I paid $4200 for an 05' with 49k miles on it over 4 years ago. I would wait for a lower mileage one under 100 k miles. Their out there if you're patient.
[Image: 86hooptie.jpg]
86' Coupe "DaBox"
Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited, 4.6L, modular, wheels, jmod, nittos, headers, exhaust, lowering, manual, 4r70w, 5.0, 5.4, mustang, sohc, dohc
03-15-2017, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2017 02:50 PM by Pecos Slick.)
What year is she? If I were to buy it I would go ahead and change all the timing components except for maybe the chain itself. Change all fluids brake p/s,trans,rear end, coolant and of course the motor oil and filter. Pull the wheels and inspect the brake linings and u-joints. The best way to check the u-joints is to take a flash light and look at the seals on the bearing caps. If they are a rust color it is rust from the needle bearing inside the u-joint caps. Take care of your girl and she will take care of you!
Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe.
2x2004 P71s. One black (Spook) 145,000 and one white (Cracker)104,500
[+] 1 user Likes Pecos Slick's post
03-15-2017, 02:53 PM
She's a 2007