Current time: 02-23-2018, 08:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broke on brakes...
02-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Broke on brakes...
Gents,
First time caller. I was strolling the pull a part today and looking at potential donors for my 68 f100 front xmember swap. They had an 08' interceptor with 11gajillion miles on it and subframe looked like it had raped with a cheese grater!!! There were however several 05/06 vics and Marquis.... But.....

Having in mind that I want to change out everything on the brakes with fresh stuff anyway.. do the 03∆ interceptor calipers and rotors fit on the base models? I can say that I have search the web and cannot find anything verifying the answer. I'd rather get a nice low mileage unit on the cheap and throw new PI brakes.on it if it fits.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2018, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 10:08 PM by BlackVic_P71.)
RE: Broke on brakes...
Yes, the brakes are all the same on 2003+.
The only difference is the rotors and pads that it would have had on it when it left the factory.
There have never been larger brakes on any model vs. any other for a given year beyond 1991(tow package boxes had big drums in the back)
2002 and older had different rear calipers on police vs. civilian, different piston with police having phenolic and civi having steel.

I recently joined a subframe swap group on FB and love seeing how many people are doing it.
[Image: 7082f310-ddf0-45a9-9fc0-153a7ca0a8ce.jpg]
1989 Country Squire - needs more air
2005 CV Sport
SW full exhaust, Heinous control arms, Hawk pads, Powerslot rotors, Addco swaybars, BBK TB, Accufab plenum

Panther, Ford, Crown Victoria, Mercury, Grand Marquis, Marauder, Lincoln, Town Car, Police Interceptor, P71, CVPI, LX Sport, LX, LS, GS, Signature, Limited
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BlackVic_P71's post