Current time: 01-20-2018, 08:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
85 Grand Marquis Fuse Box
12-10-2017, 02:41 AM
85 Grand Marquis Fuse Box
Hi everyone this is my first post. I have an 85 LS Grand Marquis and inside the fuse box the #14 terminal the bottom terminal is missing. The fuse that goes there i think is a regulator for the power windows. There is another fuse i have to leave empty or it will blow pretty quick. The one i leave empty is power to the power windows, the digital clock, and the fuel tank gauge as far as i can tell.

My question is how do i remove the under dash fuse box so i can replace tbe terminal. I found an 84 Marquis at the junk yard and i tried to take out the fuse box. But i couldn't figure out how to remove it. Without taking the dash out completely ,and i was hoping there was an easier way.

If i can find an easier way to remove the fuse box. I already have a replacement terminal to put the wire into ,and i plan on using the "add a circut" fuse tap to keep the terminals in place. And just using the fuse tap as the terminal.

I also have a chilton manuel for full size ford cars 1968-1988 ,but it doesn't have anything on removing the fuse box or even a fuse diagram.

TL;DR Hi everyone first post. Need help removing under dash fuse box that doesn't involve removing entire dash. To fix broken terminal in fuse box.
Find all posts by this user View This User Garage
Like Post Quote this message in a reply